• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Next weeks Storm Threat and DT's Jan 21-22 Facebook threat

Ji

It's indivual members look pretty ugly and with the 50 50 low gone it going to be tough to hold in the cold air. I didn't think the threat warranted much discussion.

We won't get any snow from this. Remember the seasonal pattern!

Agree Agree..Topic Cancel, this will be my last post on this one...See you all in a couple weeks.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With another low over the great lakes, the high position doesn't inspire confidence. It suggests an easterly component to the winds. The pressures being low over the lakes and higher offshore. Right now I wouldn't invest much in the system. It's not a good pattern for snow or even the surface temps staying below freezing. I noticed that the gfs ensembles are not very bullish.

Thanks for bringing reality into the thread, Wes.

With another low over the great lakes, the high position doesn't inspire confidence. It suggests an easterly component to the winds. The pressures being low over the lakes and higher offshore. Right now I wouldn't invest much in the system. It's not a good pattern for snow or even the surface temps staying below freezing. I noticed that the gfs ensembles are not very bullish.

This folks. :P I'm on the rain train with this one as well. :scooter:

Now based on the run beyond 192 hours... The euro wants to dig a peace of energy from the 168 through 192 and beyond into the south west. This might be Euro's south westerly energy bias. Not sure if that can explain the differences between the 0z and the12z in the long run but the energy just dives into the south west and takes up camp there. By hour 240 that energy starts to eject into the plains... there is a ridge at the surface centered off of Florida at this time as well.... combination with the energy coming out of the west equates to south westerly flow over most of the south east.

Now based on the run beyond 192 hours... The euro wants to dig a peace of energy from the 168 through 192 and beyond into the south west. This might be Euro's south westerly energy bias. Not sure if that can explain the differences between the 0z and the12z in the long run but the energy just dives into the south west and takes up camp there. By hour 240 that energy starts to eject into the plains... there is a ridge at the surface centered off of Florida at this time as well.... combination with the energy coming out of the west equates to south westerly flow over most of the south east.

Without the strong la nina, the pattern is looking more ninaish. We need the epo to go negative or to have the ridge over the west.

I am one of the few with the unpopular opinion that hopes that everyone gets blasted. I just hoped we would not be the only place on the entire east coast getting screwed royally this winter.

I don't mind them getting snow. Hell, they SHOULD get more snow. I dislike the attitude by ANYONE how feels they are more deserving tho. And I do not wish for us to get rain so that they can get the white stuff.

This is a bit off topic, but since we are talking about rain it might be o.k. This is some of the most amazing footage of the evolution of a flash flood that I have ever seen. To sit there and watch all five minutes of it, really shows you a lot about the power of that situation. I think it was film yesterday in Australia -- that creek must have rose at least 20 feet in 20 minutes

I don't mind them getting snow. Hell, they SHOULD get more snow. I dislike the attitude by ANYONE how feels they are more deserving tho. And I do not wish for us to get rain so that they can get the white stuff.

Totally agreed that no one is more deserving, they should just be more expectant because they average alot more snow than us in a normal winter. I only wish for rain if that would reset the pattern for us, because the pattern we are in know is causing me to contemplate suicide.

Archived