Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Next weeks Storm Threat and DT's Jan 21-22 Facebook threat

Ji

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sunrise this morning was 3 minutes LATER than it was on Dec. 21.

Don't mean to intrude but that's a Kepler's Second Law thing. Morning to morning, the Earth is in a different position relative to the sun. And since the Earth is closest to the sun this time of year and as such, moving the fastest the different position shifts sunrise time later and trumps the increase in declination until right about now. Same thing happens in summer with sunset times tho not to the same degree as the Earth is moving slower.

Now back to my Central PA thread...

gives BOS .72 from 7AM-1PM and .21 from 7PM-1AM

those numbers seem a little high has on radars, but what do I know

anyone check out the NE thread for some snow totals?

Yeah, I wandered in there. 20-22 through Connecticut, and some areas hoping to get to around 24. 18-20 in parts of western mass, the boston folks were reporting just a bit below that. This made me feel a bit better where the CT posters talked about it being their biggest snow since 1995.

Yeah, I wandered in there. 20-22 through Connecticut, and some areas hoping to get to around 24. 18-20 in parts of western mass, the boston folks were reporting just a bit below that. This made me feel a bit better where the CT posters talked about it being their biggest snow since 1995.

great storm for them

no 3' totals :P

and people wonder why we do it over and over again...habit, and its hard to break as long as its cold outside

If it looked like a torch for the next 2-3 weeks, I wouldn't care. But, there at least seems to be some more potential out there in the next couple weeks and the possibility of a serious arctic outbreak. Keeps me interested.

The play-by-play really isn't important I guess, but just the details on the possible events.

If it looked like a torch for the next 2-3 weeks, I wouldn't care. But, there at least seems to be some more potential out there in the next couple weeks and the possibility of a serious arctic outbreak. Keeps me interested.

The play-by-play really isn't important I guess, but just the details on the possible events.

Feel the same way...although they are literally on the map, there seem to be some players out there on the field that keep me hooked. If it looked like a torch, I'd be taking a much needed break from weather.

I agree, w/o a storm, play-play unnecessary

Euro has BWI in the low 40's Sat and mid 40's Sun

Temps are probably warm (?) if it mirrors the GFS around that time frame

doesnt look much like the gfs so far.. a little bit colder but looks like it's going to be ots or just offshore.. all the energy is off the se coast at 132

Archived