EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Next weeks Storm Threat and DT's Jan 21-22 Facebook threat

Ji

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as of now...I am completely buying the Euro which would give Leesburg 4-6 inches of wet snow. ITS PAYS to live in Leesburg!

This is why this possible solution for the Euro is being viewed so negatively here. It doesn't favor the eastern areas. I can't remember the last time the western part of the MA saw a better setup or result than the eastern part, yesterday included. It probably won't happen, but what it does look like is precip. I'll take my chances with type.

This is why this possible solution for the Euro is being viewed so negatively here. It doesn't favor the eastern areas. I can't remember the last time the western part of the MA saw a better setup or result than the eastern part, yesterday included. It probably won't happen, but what it does look like is precip. I'll take my chances with type.

I remember it happened more frequently in the late 80s and 90s.. it was typical for Martinsburg, Leesburg, Frederick, etc get snow while all points east of IAD would be sleet or rain. Certainly doesn't happen as much as it used to..

I remember it happened more frequently in the late 80s and 90s.. it was typical for Martinsburg, Leesburg, Frederick, etc get snow while all points east of IAD would be sleet or rain. Certainly doesn't happen as much as it used to..

Well, I hope nobody takes what I said the wrong way. I certainly am not hoping to see others get rain. I just want stop having to worry about precip. I'd rather worry about temperatures for a change. They seem to let me down less frequently.

Well, I hope nobody takes what I said the wrong way. I certainly am not hoping to see others get rain. I just want stop having to worry about precip. I'd rather worry about temperatures for a change. They seem to let me down less frequently.

anyone who likes snow in the Balt/Wash area would always choose your area; I almost moved out to Middletown/Myersville area myself in 93 or 94

prior to last winter, your area still did better than the I95 area

if it doesn't happen this winter, it will certainly be back to climo come next year I'm sure iow, I wouldn't consider moving any where if I were you and snow was a consideration

anyone who likes snow in the Balt/Wash area would always choose your area; I almost moved out to Middletown/Myersville area myself in 93 or 94

prior to last winter, your area still did better than the I95 area

if it doesn't happen this winter, it will certainly be back to climo come next year I'm sure iow, I wouldn't consider moving any where if I were you and snow was a consideration

I grew up in northern Calvert County (Wes-land) and got shafted many times -- the worst might be Superstorm 1993 when we got 6" of wet snow then heavy rain while areas an hour away got 16-24". Once I got settled in a job in DC, I moved out to the far NW suburbs, and it has paid off quite a few times. In the Dec 5, 2003 event, we got a full 8" in Germantown...I arrived at Union Station to WET ground. We have had some frustrating misses this year, but being NW does pay off over time.

We definitely need a reshuffle of this rotten pattern. It has been super for cold - But these near misses are just downright agonizing.

All I want is a climo snowstorm - A four inch snow accumulation.

That can't be asking too much.

I know a 4 inch snow is climo for N VA in January.

I grew up in northern Calvert County (Wes-land) and got shafted many times -- the worst might be Superstorm 1993 when we got 6" of wet snow then heavy rain while areas an hour away got 16-24". Once I got settled in a job in DC, I moved out to the far NW suburbs, and it has paid off quite a few times. In the Dec 5, 2003 event, we got a full 8" in Germantown...I arrived at Union Station to WET ground. We have had some frustrating misses this year, but being NW does pay off over time.

If you MUST live in the Mid Atl - Living in Maryland is a must. Marylanders do well in snows that narrowly miss DCA and N VA. Just look at last night. MD got 3 to 7 inches easy, while we agonized over two super skinny snowbands that barely gave us our third half inch blizzard of the memorable 2010-2011 season.

IN the Mid Atlantic - Maryland is THE place to be for good snows. I've seen it happen time after time while I cried over a dusting to half an inch - and THIS winter is definitely one of those near miss winters in N VA. This winter, one inch of snow is snowmageddon in DCA.

The real kicker is: I am never gonna get out of here. I might as well be in prison. I am serving a life sentence in N VA.

We definitely need a reshuffle of this rotten pattern. It has been super for cold - But these near misses are just downright agonizing.

All I want is a climo snowstorm - A four inch snow accumulation.

That can't be asking too much.

I know a 4 inch snow is climo for N VA in January.

Yeah and I don't want an edge of your seat scenario.

I want to confidently watch snow advect in.

Yeah and I don't want an edge of your seat scenario.

I want to confidently watch snow advect in.

WE get a reshuffle and we keep on getting near misses where storms miraculously swerve around N VA and DCA - I am gonna switch to calling for SPRING.

So far - This winter has been disgusting.

Part of me already sorta wants April to start. I am getting too damn old to have my heart broken like this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. It's so sad to have such cold weather, with ice in the Potomac, but hardly any snow to show for it.

Damn Nina is winning after all.

We COULD hire Midlo to blow snow all over Woodbridge though. That would work, in theory....

If you MUST live in the Mid Atl - Living in Maryland is a must. Marylanders do well in snows that narrowly miss DCA and N VA. Just look at last night. MD got 3 to 7 inches easy, while we agonized over two super skinny snowbands that barely gave us our third half inch blizzard of the memorable 2010-2011 season.

IN the Mid Atlantic - Maryland is THE place to be for good snows. I've seen it happen time after time while I cried over a dusting to half an inch - and THIS winter is definitely one of those near miss winters in N VA. This winter, one inch of snow is snowmageddon in DCA.

The real kicker is: I am never gonna get out of here. I might as well be in prison. I am serving a life sentence in N VA.

Wrong...on so many levels....LOL

Extended looks very warm on the 18Z GFS.

Yup. For whatever reason, the 18Z GFS is back to looking like a complete train wreck. Never even gets all that cold after whatever system goes through (with rain) next week, then it's pretty warm and blah looking. This, after several successive runs showing very cold air and with the cold persisting throughout. Go figure!

Yup. For whatever reason, the 18Z GFS is back to looking like a complete train wreck. Never even gets all that cold after whatever system goes through (with rain) next week, then it's pretty warm and blah looking. This, after several successive runs showing very cold air and with the cold persisting throughout. Go figure!

Off run of the GFS. I'm sure the 00Z will show cold again.

Archived