EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Next weeks Storm Threat and DT's Jan 21-22 Facebook threat

Ji

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is the furface high that was over New England at 120 hrs. If it's off the coast than this has the look of last year's MLK storm.

1032 east of nov sco. but a new big hi 1028+ in neb. to can. border-- closed contour 1008 ohio valvey in between look like se to east winds before it comes up here

sounds like a Miller A

those are few and far between this cold season

or is N energy involved?

looks like a miller b... low doesnt get going till off the carolinas. but i think most storms this yr have been similar.. some reflection in the gom that eventually 'reforms' off the southeast.

northeast of maine/ nova scotia

With another low over the great lakes, the high position doesn't inspire confidence. It suggests an easterly component to the winds. The pressures being low over the lakes and higher offshore. Right now I wouldn't invest much in the system. It's not a good pattern for snow or even the surface temps staying below freezing. I noticed that the gfs ensembles are not very bullish.

looking at Euro MOS for BWI, looks like there will be some snow, especially at the second half of the storm

nothing huge because total qpf is .51" at BWI, but definitely our next "threat"

this probably isnt a great move from 0z.. it was more ots overall especially north but this is a good bit warmer as the storm goes by

Archived