• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Next weeks Storm Threat and DT's Jan 21-22 Facebook threat

Ji

Donnie Sutherland is predicting the return of the -EPO by early Feb and he excepts the NE Cities(NYC and Boston) to have a above average snowfall month in Feb. Maybe this in when DC can score.

I think we are screwed the next 2 weeks. At this point, my forecast for not one snowstorm for the area is looking good but i hope I am wrong

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both the gfs and euro ensembles indicate the negative nao is gone for now which will make it tough to get snow for awhile and suggests that the surface high will slide off the coast giving us trajectories off the ocean enough that I doubt there is much potential for snow or freezing rain unless you get well west of dc. The set up reminds me of last year's MLK storm. Nice track but the cold air is gone.

Wes, how is the setup for LES out in Western MD and around Davis, WV?

Both the gfs and euro ensembles indicate the negative nao is gone for now which will make it tough to get snow for awhile and suggests that the surface high will slide off the coast giving us trajectories off the ocean enough that I doubt there is much potential for snow or freezing rain unless you get well west of dc. The set up reminds me of last year's MLK storm. Nice track but the cold air is gone.

I had mentioned this earlier but I wonder if it really means anything. Don't have access to the Euro members but from looking at the long range GFS members on these runs it looks like their all over the place with no strong signal one way or the other. Would this make the NAO values basically valueless or is there something else that I am missing?

How far West though Wes? Ive been hearing rumors in the office for two days now about an ice storm next week yet I see nothing on it. The 850s seem to be well South of DC for the leadup to this storm, There is a slight CAD signature on the GFS runs yesterday at the surface, but overall, I dont see where this is coming from. Even the HPC mentioned winter precip along the Northern Apps but I guess I assumed that was elevation specific.

i want 65-70 at least one day in the next few weeks.. we deserve it! :P

Archived