• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Coastal Storm Potential - Jan 11-12 II

Baroclinic Zone

It's pretty amped thru 30, but it's tough to put any stock in what it does.

I think it's way too early to say (i mean it's still 42+ away) that it's definitely going to go anywhere. I have zero trust in the models right now. Agreement be damned.

Bended knee if the euro nailed the track from just west of the BM to just se of ACK, precip etc.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its been pretty good...not all that many junk posts...but yeah, the fewer, the better.....the thread fills up as fast as it is and it doesn't need excess junk.

Its to be expected we'll get one or two ranters out of the woodwork and a few weenies.

Agree. I don't think I've deleted a post yet today. :snowman:

Ratios 8:1 or so near the coast, 10 or 12:1 a little inland, 12 to 15:1 as we get NW sound close?

Is there a way to determine this ahead of time?

Also, is there a technique for doing a core sample? I have dozens of graduated cylinders that I could pick from if that would help - of course they are mostly shorter than 12"...

nam is going to go right over my head. LOL.

Looks kind of like the 06z run. Its not surprising...I'm sure we'll see it wobble a bit back and forth between that type track and further SE....that model in this setup is expected to be on the NW periphery of guidance.

I am a bit concerned of a northern edge precip cutoff. you might be right on the edge in Nash-ville. it could be that you get 12" while i get 6" just 20 miles north of you.

I don't think it'll be that sharp a gradient. Seems like the precip shield is pretty expansive. I wouldn't worry about that with a track near ACK.

One characteristic of my immediate locale's climo, which I'm sure Will could confirm via an extensive romp with stats, is that I tend to shine in seasons closer to the median and am not prone to as many dead ratters as other areas; however I am vulnerable in historicaly prolific seasons....IOW, my ceiling is not as high as se MA OR ORH (lower variance)....which is ironic because those are the seasons I Iong for. :lol:

Bottom line is that I am growing increasingly confident that we are instore for a highly anomalous season and the fact that I am consistently NOT jackpotting caters to that point.....to quote Vin Scully after Dave Henderson's late inning blast in gm 4 of the 1986 ALCS......"We're seeing one for the ages here, folks".....

One characteristic of my immediate locale's climo, which I'm sure Will could confirm via an extensive romp with stats, is that I tend to shine in seasons closer to the median and am not prone to as many dead ratters as other areas; however I am vulnerable in historicaly prolific seasons....IOW, my ceiling is not as high as se MA OR ORH (lower variance)....which is ironic because those are the seasons I Iong for. :lol:

Bottom line is that I am growing increasingly confident that we are instore for a highly anomalous season and the fact that I am consistently NOT jackpotting caters to that point.....to quote Vin Scully after Dave Henderson's late inning blast in gm 4 of the 1986 ALCS......"We have one for the ages here, folks".....

As long as the ultimate outcome is more in our favor vs through Buckner's legs

I don't think it'll be that sharp a gradient. Seems like the precip shield is pretty expansive. I wouldn't worry about that with a track near ACK.

well if the NAM track taking the low up the CC canal is right, then all bets are off. that would be perfect for both of us.

Some big changes on the NAM. Much deeper, sharper trough.

Yeah, the 18z/6z NAM have verified far worse than the 18z/6z GFS recently but FWIW, I'm just surprised people are so set on this not changing a ton when we've had nothing but change in tight for a lot of systems this year. It's inside of 48 they've all locked...we were right at that edge today at 12z.

Anyway, it's the NAM but it's certainly opening the door back up to a much further NW track.

Ski country in NH/ME get nailed. Dry slot over SE MA and warm air intrusion with an 8h low under RI.

Archived