Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Coastal Storm Potential - Jan 11-12 II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL will be tonight at 0z (36 seems to be when at least the nam gets a little less twitchy), but if the 18z GFS starts to roll this way too it's verified better/general is better in the off hours. If it tricks NW like this, woohoo for you and my skiis in a few days.

Yes, agreed. If the GFS ticks NW, even more toward the Euro, I'll be thrilled.

It's not impossible for that track, but the NAM differences started early. It could be a modeling thing, but interesting.

Pretty much a carbon copy of 12/9/05 track.

I don't think its impossible either, but I would hedge definitely closer to the consensus. I don't think there is a glaring reason to pick a Buzzards Bay track at this point...just keeping in mind that its within the envelope of possible solutions and that these storms can tick NW as you get closer.

It's not impossible for that track, but the NAM differences started early. It could be a modeling thing, but interesting.

NAM 12h 500mb presentation is very similar to the 12z GFS at 18h. Its a little stronger...but it's just adjusting towards the GFS early on (and probably the EC).

It's not an outlandish/unprecedented change...it's just closer to the GFS now early in the game.

Sure after 36 it's been lousy but this is subjectively actually what Typhoon Tip was hinting at in older runs.

This run is ideal for especially you and verbatim I, but in relaity I'd probably wrestle the dry slot....probably go se of this, anyway....

Yeah, probably. GFS probably b*tch slaps us back to the 8-14'' reality, which is still nothing to sneeze at.

Fun to look at, but tossing this one. The changes at SIX HOURS in are hilarious. We'll see what the GFS and the 00z runs bring. But this run looks like 100% pure crap

Yeah, it's a tough solution to buy given the disparity between the 12z run even at 6h. I wouldn't mind it verifying though. That would be some uber snowfall rates.

Archived