wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Tracking the Jan 7-9 threat---for those with strong hearts

MDstorm

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deja vu? I remember staying up late to catch the play-by-play of a Euro run on early Monday, December 20. An epic run of the Euro ensued and I was pumped up for days. It did turn out to be epic for some (Dec 25-27), but central MD was screwed. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif Now I did start this thread in hopes of changing the luck for the DC/BWI crew. Here's hoping to a genuine Mid-Atlantic thumping. Snowman.gifSnowman.gif

MDstorm

Deja vu? I remember staying up late to catch the play-by-play of a Euro run on early Monday, December 20. An epic run of the Euro ensued and I was pumped up for days. It did turn out to be epic for some (Dec 25-27), but central MD was screwed. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif Now I did start this thread in hopes of changing the luck for the DC/BWI crew. Here's hoping to a genuine Mid-Atlantic thumping. Snowman.gifSnowman.gif

MDstorm

I just came up from SE Thread to see what you guy thought I guess your just as excited ! I'll but rolling around in N Va. playing in the snow...

To me the second event later in the period shown on the Euro is the "real" threat for this area. The first one is a miller B style and largely would favor those in the North East than this area of the Mid-Atlantic. The second one is on more than just the Euro. The details and evolution of course very per model. The GFS, GGEM, and the Euro have some storm in the general 180 to 240 hour range coming from the south and swinging off the coast of the south east and then up the coast. The Canadian is the furtherst north with the trajectory through the upper south through the southern Mid-Atlantic. The GFS the further south.. riding along the gulf coast. And the Euro with a low riding the gulf coast.. then getting aided by the northern branch and bombing up the coast to just off the Va/Capes before moving off the coast in a north-easterly direction.

lol... what the heck is this crap... is this what Feb 1899 would look like on the GFS?

I thought that yesterday but now that you said it I feel like a weenie. :P

Euro.. Let's see some continuity.

The Euro is without a doubt bull****. If you get suckered in by it, you deserved the crushing disappointment that's coming in 4 hours. The PV dropping to VA/Carolinas, spawning a crushing low that gives us 1" QPF :lmao: THe second storm is more believable, but with such run to run volatility, I don't trust any models. I'm a bitter mofo after our swipe last week.

If the 12z Euro shows the same thing, I'll make Ji an administrator.

Archived