joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking the Jan 7-9 threat---for those with strong hearts

MDstorm

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the 0z Euro just kicked us in the groin. It just wiped away the southern low it had been advertising for the last 2 runs and replaced it with a New England special Miller B for next weekend. Happy effin New Year.

MDstorm

in case anyone had any doubts, last year's "magic" is gone

which is really a pile of cr@p when you consider PHL had a couple inches more than BWI last year and they still got hit nice last week

looks to me that based on most models, there aren't any real threats out there for us for some time

in case anyone had any doubts, last year's "magic" is gone

which is really a pile of cr@p when you consider PHL had a couple inches more than BWI last year and they still got hit nice last week

looks to me that based on most models, there aren't any real threats out there for us for some time

Well Ender and Wes certainly agree with you on that....or maybe you agree with them. Looks like we get to be on the outside looking in for awhile or forever I guess.

That will change in a model run or two. You guys need to calm down on storms that show up eight to ten days out and then magically disappear only to return again.

Well Ender and Wes certainly agree with you on that....or maybe you agree with them. Looks like we get to be on the outside looking in for awhile or forever I guess.

There is a good chance That as we continue to waste precious cold air that we simply do not see a snowstorm this year. My 0.1 prediction for dc may not be too far off

I wonder how many of the mets on this board accurately forecasted the storm last week eight days out?

Lol.......You have certain mets talking up the possible threats over the next 2 weeks and then you have Wes and Ender shooting them down. Unfortunately, we know who is going to be correct. Cold and dry FTL.

MDstorm

When you have one of the best mets on the board (wes) telling you its over, then its over (for the next few weeks anyway). Ji just gets stupid and is unrealistic.....I'm just practical and a realist here.

Thinking anyone knows what the next few weeks will bring is the furthest thing from being a realist... Basing your thoughts on awful DC climatology would be more practical.

I love Wes but even he admits that anything past a few days is a WAG.

Ha, yeah Wes, 12z GFS looks interesting day 6/7.

12Z GFS shows a Miller B that gives us some snow

climo says forget it folks

as the time nears, the precip shield will be cut back and we will be lucky to get a dusting

of course, if today's run showed the system going to our south giving us the big snows, we know it would change in later runs to a Miller B so at least this avoids us the heartache

feels good for there to be normalcy in the wx world again

Archived