• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking the Jan 7-9 threat---for those with strong hearts

MDstorm

Possible event on tap for Jan 7-9 period.

HPC from this AM:

MID LEVEL BLOCKING AND A LARGE STRONG POSITIVE HT ANOMALY RETURNS

TO NRN CANADA WITH A DEEP VORTEX LOCKING IN OVER ONTARIO AS PER

8-10 DAY ECMWF. STRONG SRN STREAM MID LEVEL TROF WILL SWING THRU

SRN TX INDUCING LOW PRESSURE ALONG THE GULF COAST IN A MOISTURE

RICH ENVIRONMENT AND BRING AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE INTO THE

SOUTHEAST AND UP ALONG THE SOUTHEAST AND MID ATLC SEABOARD OVER

THE NEXT WEEKEND. LONGER RANGE CMC AND ECMWF SUPPORT THIS

SCENARIO

Considering the rollercoaster with the last event, please see your physician for a heart check-up before proceeding on this journey. :snowman::unsure:

MDstorm

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been out of it all week..was in SC attending my grandma's funeral....I keep hearing all this talk of an event, and then I check the GFS and nothing. I guess the GGEM and Euro have something?

Sorry to hear about your grandma. :(

Both GGEM and Euro have at least the potential set-up for something next weekend. Of course we all know how potential can lead to squat. Anyway, it's something to at least keep on the back burner for the next few days.

MDstorm

I've been out of it all week..was in SC attending my grandma's funeral....I keep hearing all this talk of an event, and then I check the GFS and nothing. I guess the GGEM and Euro have something?

Buy a pair of big boy pants Randy...it's going to be one of THOSE winters brother

Hey, I'm already resigned to the fact that this winter won't be ours. Nickle and dime to 18 inches. Maybe.

I would take that in a heart beat....my fear is we see one or two more of what just happened and even if we end up with 18" that would be real tough

A REQUEST:

Can we keep the "the storm is at X," "the QPF is 0.1" more this run," "how much does the Euro give MBY," etc. posts out of the picture until we're within the 84 hour window? It has been and will always be pointless banter. This far out, we need to be looking at the upper-levels, possible model inaccuracies and probable outcomes of the system.

The 12z euro run was much faster ejecting the energy in the sws compared to its 0z run... and slower in the northern stream energy. This resulted in a different outcome than the 0z run of the euro.

The 0z euro run had a low pressure forming in the gulf with energy diving in from the northern branch .. it look extremely close to the storm we just had.. With a short wave going across the gulf states and a shortwave diving down out of Canada.

The 12z has the southern short wave eject out much faster this run and further north in the south. The energy coming out of the north does not start coming down until the shortwave in the southern branch has already spawned the low along the south east coast. Result is the low racing out to sea with the northern branch energy trying to pop a secondary low off the coast a day later around New Jersey. At least it has some baggy isobars around that location at hour 240.. :x

Well it was a nice run for the areas that just got hit and maybe slightly further north for those in Va... But overall the run did not get much beyond the Maryland/Pa boarder.

But details at this point. With models still just painting the general favorable pattern for this time period in question for a storm.

Archived