• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Tracking the Jan 7-9 threat---for those with strong hearts

MDstorm

yeah, hopefully the area of precip will slide to the south to help DCA/IAD out a bit, but I'd be real happy with what it shows for mby

Yup. I know the NAM gave the NYC metro area .5"+ for several runs in a row for their event today while the GFS was less robust, and of course in later runs the NAM cut the QPF back by a lot and bowed to the GFS. Then again that was the NAM at day 3/4 , but in this case we are only 24 hours out...hopefully the GFS comes around.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting.......could possibly get advisory criteria snow tomorrow. Should be a good teaser for next week's storm.

it would be the best snow of the season that only showed up on the models for the first time on last night's 0Z

maybe there's a lesson here for us folks (God, I hope not!)

yeah, hopefully the area of precip will slide to the south to help DCA/IAD out a bit, but I'd be real happy with what it shows for mby

You could pick up quite a few inches based on that run. I'd be pretty pumped if I were you.

That said, I'm not holding my breath on having that stuff slide a little west/south.

no reason to be that excited over this imo except that it has barely snowed.. these things underproduce 90% of the time even where they are more likely than this area

Agree 100%. maybe NE of Balt can scrape an inch. 12Z GFS does increase .1-.25 coverage sw now to the Potomac River, FWIW.

Archived