Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Tracking the Jan 7-9 threat---for those with strong hearts

MDstorm

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking over the 06Z Nam and really don't know how this would play out. Looking at the surface features I like that 1036 high which is in a good position and would maybe argue for a coastal storm. Also like the confluence setting up in the mid Atlantic and the northeast. Seems like the Northern energy is holding back somewhat though and most of the Mets seem to feel that is the key to getting it up the coast.

84 HR 06Z NAM.

Just looking over the 06Z Nam and really don't know how this would play out. Looking at the surface features I like that 1036 high which is in a good position and would maybe argue for a coastal storm. Also like the confluence setting up in the mid Atlantic and the northeast. Seems like the Northern energy is holding back somewhat though and most of the Mets seem to feel that is the key to getting it up the coast.

84 HR 06Z NAM.

Did you mean to put this in the the other thread? Seems like it brings up points for the storm for Early next week verses the.. Saturday "event" ^_^;

But you bring up some good points. I also got mixed feelings about the 6z run of the nam. The overall amplification of the shortwaves in-question do look impressive on the nam. However the behavior of the energy coming from the west holding up a bit.. brings in the question of how it would play out beyond the 84 hour time frame. At the very least the stronger front running shortwave that gives the south a nice snow storm... could produce more snow up into NC and Southern Va... prior to the interaction of the energy coming out of the west. For areas from northern Va up into the north east corridor are largely going to be dependent on how that plays out.

Did you mean to put this in the the other thread? Seems like it brings up points for the storm for Early next week verses the.. Saturday "event" ^_^;

But you bring up some good points. I also got mixed feelings about the 6z run of the nam. The overall amplification of the shortwaves in-question do look impressive on the nam. However the behavior of the energy coming from the west holding up a bit.. brings in the question of how it would play out beyond the 84 hour time frame. At the very least the stronger front running shortwave that gives the south a nice snow storm... could produce more snow up into NC and Southern Va... prior to the interaction of the energy coming out of the west. For areas from northern Va up into the north east corridor are largely going to be dependent on how that plays out.

Jumping back and forth between all the different storms and regions kind of got me jumbled up. :whistle:

Hopefully a mod is around and he throw this into the appropriate thread.

Looking at the 06GFS it looks like it maybe showing a Norlun feature? Shows a broad swath of .1 or less for tomorrow afternoon through all of MD. Not an expert on Norluns but if that's the case I would expect with higher resolution you would see a narrower band with higher totals setting up somewhere in the vicinity.

Archived