Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Boxing Day Blizzard Part 9

NickD2011

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM just annihilates Nassau County under an intense deformation band until well after midnight. 2.12" QPF printed out for right around Jones Beach/Massapequa. This new band developing SE of here could have thunder associated with it. Just UNREAL how gorgeous this baby looks on sat and increasingly radar.

Wow, this is really reminiscent of Feb 1983 (especially if that Thundersnow gets going)...... like Chris said, some of our greats were just like this.

This is actually starting to freak me out a little bit. I am starting to believe that Central/Western-Central Suffolk may top 2 feet at this point with ease. :unsure:

Just studying this thing on the radar is both awe-inspiring and frightening! Beautiful to behold, and only a few days ago, this was pegged as going out to see. Amazing how nature has its own mind sometimes!

Wow, this is really reminiscent of Feb 1983 (especially if that Thundersnow gets going)...... like Chris said, some of our greats were just like this.

ALEX,..you're in LB, right?

Are you feeling you in LB and me about 5 miles NNW of you can hang under a "band" hours on end?

Do you feel we're in a favored sweet spot?

Has the best part even began yet for us?

Looking at the radar just east of Delaware and S NJ, that band is just ridiculous. Wherever that parks over when it translates up here will likely get in excess of 20" total.

JM, I think Upton's call of 20-25" is lookng pretty good right now if bands can be intense.

Thing is, if the band gets more intense than progged, someone will hit close to 30"?

And yet Mt Hollys updated zone forecasts give most areas 3 to 6" more snow overnight. Even if there were 6" on the ground by tonight that would mean a foot tops in their forecast area.

JM, I think Upton's call of 20-25" is lookng pretty good right now if bands can be intense.

Thing is, if the band gets more intense than progged, someone will hit close to 30"?

Archived