Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Boxing Day Blizzard Part 9

NickD2011

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sleet mixed with snow on the nortshore in Huntington on nassau/suffolk border. Steve dimartino NYNJPAweather says we are still southeast of the 850mb low and wont go back to snow till later tonight so a few hours of sleet so he expects my snowtotals around 12-15 aghhhhhh thought we were not supposed to have mixing issues!

no mixing here...

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

408 PM EST SUN DEC 26 2010

NJZ013-014-020-022>027-262315-

WESTERN MONMOUTH-EASTERN MONMOUTH-OCEAN-ATLANTIC-CAPE MAY-

ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY-COASTAL ATLANTIC-COASTAL OCEAN-

SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...FREEHOLD...SANDY HOOK...JACKSON...

HAMMONTON...CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE...OCEAN CITY...ATLANTIC CITY...

LONG BEACH ISLAND...WHARTON STATE FOREST

408 PM EST SUN DEC 26 2010

...THE NEXT HEAVY SNOW BAND WILL AFFECT COASTAL NEW JERSEY THROUGH

THE EARLY EVENING HOURS...

THE NEXT HEAVY SNOW BAND IS ABOUT TO ROTATE IN FROM THE OCEAN AND

AFFECT COASTAL NEW JERSEY FROM SANDY HOOK TO CAPE MAY HARBOR. AS

THE SNOW BAND COMES ASHORE...EXPECT HEAVY SNOW TO REDUCE VISIBILITY

TO LESS THAN ONE-QUARTER OF A MILE.

IN ADDITION...NORTH WINDS GUSTING TO 35 MPH WILL RESULT IN BLOWING

AND DRIFTING OF THE NEWLY FALLEN SNOW. THE COMBINATION OF FALLING

AND DRIFTING SNOW WILL CAUSE NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS ALONG THE

COAST AND AFFECT THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY THROUGH METRO PARK.

SNOWFALL RATES OF 2 INCHES AN HOUR COULD RESULT IN AN ADDITIONAL 3

TO 6 INCHES OVER COASTAL SECTIONS OF NEW JERSEY THROUGH 700 PM.

TRAVEL IS STRONGLY DISCOURAGED.

I'm in Jenkintown and we're getting a reaally heavy band here. I think further out in Montco and Chester Counties are getting screwed.

Yeah, Willow Grove has seen bands of moderate to heavy snow for the better part of an hour now...it's certainly not as intense as what they're seeing in the Pine Barrens, but we have several inches on the ground with several hours of 1"+ per hour yet to come.

I think the fun is REALLY about to begin for NYC and Long Island. This super band just off the NJ coast is less than an hour from annihilating all of us. Ocean County is likely getting destroyed as we speak from this band.

and Northern New Jersey too.

But yeah that band is absolute business and intends to put 2 to 3 inch per hour rates.

If there is a heaven on earth, this is most definitely it.

I am dreaming of a day when we get an old fashion NW NJ snowstorm and it rains elsewhere! :P Been a long time since that has happend as far as I can recall. Enjoy it! Not sure if that intense banding will make back into NW NJ later or not. May sqeak into it during the evening. If not I will enjoy my moderate to occasionally heavy snow and my Christmas presents! Its all good!!! lol

Good banding, or any banding for that matter, not quite making it into northern morris and sussex co's. Breezy but nothing too significant yet. I know, i know, don't look at models (but this is non observation thread, yes?) and I can see a possibility of sharp gradient to my east. Any snow is good snow after this week though!

heavy bands seem to have trouble making it from New Brunswick up to Somerset County westward, what do you guys think, perhaps a little lower amounts for these areas compared to the shore points and eastern Middlesex?

Well I live in Somerset County and we have been having Moderate to Heavy Snow for the past 2 hrs so if it is not bad here hate to see what other places look like..LOL... BTW we have somewhere between 3 and 4 inches here so I think we will do alright since he haven't even gotten into the worst of the storm yet..

Archived