Newest Member
    Toothache
Observations for the Christmas Storm II

Isopycnic

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Brandon, thanks man!!!

I will be right on the edge South of Dan.

Thanks for the animation...looks like I'm right on the edge.

Btw, I want to toast to all the SE folks. Those I have known for years and those I have not. This Fourth Beer :) is a toast to a great LONG ass week on tracking this SOB!!!

Merry freaking Christmas folks!!!

Man those echoes are really looking good for the next hour or so here... and then places further northeast... maybe pick up a quick inch in the next couple of hours before the end.

Would love to see some of those yellows up here. I've already had a couple bursts of very heavy snow, without those returns. Looks like the deformation bands are about to pivot somewhere around here. May squeak out some good totals after all .

Would love to see some of those yellows up here. I've already had a couple bursts of very heavy snow, without those returns. Looks like the deformation bands are about to pivot somewhere around here. May squeak out some good totals after all .

I'm not getting those good returns and it's just pouring over here with snow. I'm feeling really good about this. Also my temp is right at 32.

What are your thoughts? It's coming down great here in south CLT...hard to believe if this last into the morning we would get less than 4.

Looks like some really good banding going on south and southeast of GSP right now. Those should head up our way in the next hour or two with possibly some 0.75 - 1.00 inch rates. The back side of the precip is still inching eastward so I think 3-4 inches still looks good. However if the backside stalls for awhile and you get caught under one of those bands then accumulations up to 6 is possible.

Still light end of moderate here. Flakes are bigger. Having a real tough time getting to 32 and also getting accumulation past a half inch. This seems to be a common problem this year. Just gets to a half inch and even though it's still snowing, it doesn't make much progress past that. Strange.

Yes Brandon, thanks man!!!

I will be right on the edge South of Dan.

Btw, I want to toast to all the SE folks. Those I have known for years and those I have not. This Fourth Beer :) is a toast to a great LONG ass week on tracking this SOB!!!

Merry freaking Christmas folks!!!

Thanks man, and same to you. The beers are going down damn good tonight my friend, cheers.

Mod to Hvy Snow - not really showing well on radar.

Radar sucks in my area. ON the fringe of GSP, RAL and FCX. Works out OK in the summer with high topped storms but in the winter the beams are to high by the time they reach my area to show the lower level snow clouds and precip.

Archived