• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Observations for the Christmas Storm II

Isopycnic

Looks good. The 850 low is continuing to strengthen and this band will become better organized and rotate up through NC. RUC composite show's it well and the course it will likely take. Best thing to do it just plot 100 miles west to northwest of the 850 low, and that's where the band will be.

Thanks! :)

EDIT: This looks nice.

RUC_255_2010122601_F12_CREF_SURFACE.png

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good. The 850 low is continuing to strengthen and this band will become better organized and rotate up through NC. RUC composite show's it well and the course it will likely take. Best thing to do it just plot 100 miles west to northwest of the 850 low, and that's where the band will be.

Do you think we'll get it on it as well?

This report is about the same measurement I have, so good confirmation for my measurement.Still snowing and down to 27.9.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG SC

ISSUED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG SC

934 PM EST SAT DEC 25 2010

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0900 PM SNOW 3 ENE CANDLER 35.55N 82.64W

12/25/2010 M8.3 INCH BUNCOMBE NC COCORAHS

Where is the current 850?

BTW, the power is flickering here :)

I know you stand a decent shot at getting the heavier precip back your way. Do you think I may be too far northwest or will I get in on some action later?

Just went out and measured and I have somewhere around 1.5-1.75" Some of the snow is melting towards the bottom but the more recent snow seems to be accumulating better as the temperature slowly decreases. The bands right now in the Upstate should persist for the next 2-3 hours, and as the trough starts to become more negatively tilted it will slow down the eastward progression of the precipitation. I'm thinking another 1-2" across the upstate with the potential for 1-3" in the NC Foothills where its slightly colder and slightly longer duration of snowfall.

Temp: 32.4 degrees

Nice explanation. Thanks. I'm hoping Greensboro (four miles west of downtown to be more exact) can get in on that. My kids are wanting to wake up to plenty for some sledding action tomorrow.

Snowman.gif

I'm honestly shocked i'm doing as good as I am. I cant believe you arent doing as well.

I'm doing good now. This is really the first time this event that snow has fallen past a light stage. I'd consider this heavy snow, but it always lightens up somewhat. Still the last 15 minutes its been putting it down good, I am officially at one inch.

i think randolph county got the short end in the central part of the state. we only have a dusting or so west of asheboro. started snowing again around 7 or 730. think we missed out on the 2 or so inches those who got it this afternoon got. looks like some heavy stuff headed this way from way down in GA tho so hopefully it adds up quick. RUC shows snow for the next 12 hours or so. I will be driving home in this in a bit.

I'm doing good now. This is really the first time this event that snow has fallen past a light stage. I'd consider this heavy snow, but it always lightens up somewhat. Still the last 15 minutes its been putting it down good, I am officially at one inch.

and it looks like even heavier returns are on their way! :snowman:

Archived