• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    norakhann33
    Newest Member
    norakhann33
June Discobs 2024

George BM

Last weekend was warm, but aside from our winters that basically don't exist anymore, the overall pattern the last few years has been devoid of any real heat.

The last couple days have been beautiful, but the dominant base state seems to be more clouds than sun with more precip than not.  To each his own how you view that.  Hopefully, we can at least cash in on some storms this upcoming week.

• Like 1

Just now, 87storms said:

I don't know what to root for in the winter anymore.

Agreed. Ninas have been better here overall since 2016, save for the third in the trifecta the winter before last, which was historically bad for all the major cities/burbs from Richmond to NYC.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

Agreed. Ninas have been better here overall since 2016, save for the third in the trifecta the winter before last, which was historically bad for all the major cities/burbs from Richmond to NYC.

Yeah outside the last one, most Ninas at least have one good wintry couple week period. 

• Like 2

37.8 this morning and topped out at 76.8 this afternoon. Days like this: wall to wall sunshine, no bugs, no humidity, slight pleasant breeze is like chicken soup for the soul. Rolled down the windows, cranked up the sound and drove to Davis for an early dinner. Just perfect outside.

• Like 5

After spending the week in AZ for work where it was 105, this weather feels amazing. 

I honestly don’t know how anyone can live out there. Dry heat, my ass. It’s still hot.  I basically went through a tube of chap stick and drank 500 gallons of water a day. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

After spending the week in AZ for work where it was 105, this weather feels amazing. 

I honestly don’t know how anyone can live out there. Dry heat, my ass. It’s still hot.  I basically went through a tube of chap stick and drank 500 gallons of water a day. 

Yep. My saying is 'a day above 80 is a waste', NO WAY I'd live in a place like that. It is bad enough here 6-7 months of the year.

EDIT- the 77.4 high today makes 5 straight 'good' days :) 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Nice rain this morning, started very shortly after the 7 am CoCoRaHS report. Temp been steady in mid 50's. Currently 56.5/55.3. About .20 in gauge. 

Was hoping it would hold together to get up here, but it dosent appear to be able too... A couple of sprinkles so far.... Only .19 in the last 15 days here northern edge of Waynesboro...

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, CAPE said:

I don't know much but I know this last winter sucked ass and it was supposed to be the Sistene Chapel.  So I'm rooting for a Nina at this point. 

Broke ground on the Garret county cabin this week, not sure if we will be done in time for winter unfortunately.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Terpeast said:

100%

And we need wholesale changes across the entire basin to make it favorable. 

Until we see a favorable pacific, no on should forecast above normal snowfall or below normal temps. It's a fools errand.

• Like 2