Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,540
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
    Joined

June 2024 Obs/Disco


Torch Tiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

You know how things go.  This will moderate a bit.  Heat incoming but I wouldn’t buy the crazy stuff yet…yet

I don’t know, it’s not like DIT to hype up something he wants. Very out-of-character.  It might have legs.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Here she come! She’s hit and she’s heavy and she’ll be sitting on faces!

https://x.com/tylerjankoski/status/1800293432822264088?s=46&t=dhcbvkjmRcyBVQtDxJ3lRg

Congratulations DIT! The old adage, “a picture is worth a thousand words” has been completely reversed by your post. Stay well and chin up. As always ….

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, rclab said:

Congratulations DIT! The old adage, “a picture is worth a thousand words” has been completely reversed by your post. Stay well and chin up. As always ….

Not sure you want to chin up in that situation.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Another COC’d day and night. It’s been a fantastic spring. 

Weekend looks like a repeat. What's not to like? 

Also what does next Monday look like for you? Might be down in your neck of the woods if you can sneak out for a little golf.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

56° -SHRA

Spring is over. Straight fall now.

Been a raw day.  Folks lighting up the wood stove I’ve seen on social, ha.  The 1,500ft level has been living in the low-50s all day and dipping into the upper 40s with upslope misery mist and light rain occurring.

A cold season precipitation vibe, not convective. Ski area was quite damp, while at home it was a much reduced misery mist and very fine droplets (drying out in the valley).

I hate wasting some of the longest days of the year on this crap. Need clear skies and sun.  Don't care the temp, just need that late sun in the evening.

IMG_9857.gif.12cce14f0f5117ae6c322101a43f207d.gif

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kdxken said:

Weekend looks like a repeat. What's not to like? 

Also what does next Monday look like for you? Might be down in your neck of the woods if you can sneak out for a little golf.

I’m playing sunday but I’ll play Monday…just depends on what time. Shoot me a text with details if you end up booking 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Been a raw day.  Folks lighting up the wood stove I’ve seen on social, ha.  The 1,500ft level has been living in the low-50s all day and dipping into the upper 40s with upslope misery mist and light rain occurring.

A cold season precipitation vibe, not convective. Ski area was quite damp, while at home it was a much reduced misery mist and very fine droplets (drying out in the valley).

I hate wasting some of the longest days of the year on this crap. Need clear skies and sun.  Don't care the temp, just need that late sun in the evening.

IMG_9857.gif.12cce14f0f5117ae6c322101a43f207d.gif

This was Lake Nipissing this morning. If someone said there were flurries, I would have believed them. 

IMG_4309.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, mreaves said:

This was Lake Nipissing this morning. If someone said there were flurries, I would have believed them. 

SLK saw a high of 53F this afternoon.  Average high is 71F.  Same max temp departure that would trigger 91F on the hot side at that 1600ft+ elevation.

Guess there has been some relatively cool air lagging behind the trough axis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Signs emerging ( perhaps right on schedule ...) that this may be more of a seasonal warm departure. 

Period is still the 17th - 22nd.  The end is negotiable. It's not very clear at this time that there's a new pattern modulation out there but there are hints of this settling off into a AN/neutral oscillation look, after the initial wave.

This is starting to remind me a little of 2018 July, when the modeling began showing the big dawg 590 + heights in a large ridge node, but was missing the key SW heat released air mass injection.  We can "home grow" heat just fine, which is what happened then - however, we miss the opportunity to really suffer ( lol ).  But that will take the edge/history off the ceiling if/when we don't get the 24C 850 mb pulses involved.   The high non-hydrostats will allow multi diurnal thermal aggregation to expand the hydrostatic heights, and you get one of these heat waves that's like 90, 94, 97 because it takes that long at our latitude to "fill" the expansion room.   I'm sure less of that makes sense ...  but the take away is that the guidance ( ensemble means) are missing some parametrics that would make this remarkable at this time.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...