Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
May Discobs 2024

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic

With temperatures now expected to get into the upper 80s tomorrow, that will make 5 straight days with 80+ high temperatures, with no major index pattern present (+nao, +epo, etc..) - pretty impressive. I think we are headed for a hotter Summer. 

With temperatures now expected to get into the upper 80s tomorrow, that will make 5 straight days with 80+ high temperatures, with no major index pattern present (+nao, +epo, etc..) - pretty impressive. I think we are headed for a hotter Summer. 

I hope it’s humid…I want some storms versus that persistent nw flow we had last year. We’re due for a swampy summer.
  • Like 1

Hot and dry.

Played a few halfcourt games after work and I’ll admit…it was toasty. I think part of it is just getting used to it. I needed this week..but the cooler weather might feel good this weekend lol

It's not even that anything really special is happening.. The way we are easily beating these records since that 80* in January is pretty amazing. I think we on a macro-level are entering a time with less cloud cover, so maybe that's contributing, or will contribute in the future.. there was a time in February this year where we went 24/28 days with no clouds. 

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Noticed the grass crunchy today and browning in areas.

Mowed the grass twice within 6 days 2 weeks ago... Has barely grown any since... No rain in 3 .5 weeks and these summer temps is really starting the drought going again... And there is no doubt the drought has returned , less than 6 inches here since late January... Really really do need this weekend to come through in the Valley...

• Like 1

62 to start day - stubbornly managed to avoid putting in the window units and running AC this last week - so looks like I can make it a few more weeks with a lower bge bill before summer AC surge kicks in. Win.

will be glad for a few days of rain although timing on weekends remains a bit of a bummer. 

1 hour ago, Paleocene said:

Enjoy the sun this morning -- looks like a cloudy stretch of days ahead.

Yep, that's why I've been so hyped on this week.  This is a gift.  Our base state has generally been cloudy, though looks like we might get back into the warm side once the front lifts north again early next week.  Hopefully, that leads to partly sunny and better storm chances.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Yep, that's why I've been so hyped on this week.  This is a gift.  Our base state has generally been cloudy, though looks like we might get back into the warm side once the front lifts north again early next week.  Hopefully, that leads to partly sunny and better storm chances.

This blurb from LWX sure sounds like next week could be stormy

From Tuesday through the remainder of the long term period, the forecast area will be in the warm sector allowing for an increasing threat for strong to severe thunderstorms.

• Like 3