• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
May 2024 General Discussion

This could be an interesting run in the coming months with Ruang in Indonesia blowing it's top. If we are going into a neutral/La Nina phase, this could possibly have an effect combined with that. Kind of like Hunga Tonga combined with a rapid swing into El Nino. It takes a few months for things to swirl around the globe, and spread out. Good YT vid, along with ISS vid showing ash from space.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spartman said:

30-day outlook - Temperature Probability30-day outlook - Precipitation Probability

Best climate. Looking like another historically warm year across the region. Pretty much all long-term climate sites are in the top 5 for YTD through the first 1/3rd of 2024. If this outlook for May is correct, looks like some locations may climb even higher in the record books [especially in the eastern parts of the subforum]. :sun:

Here is Dayton:

image.png.1f6c6730e5d728030518f2984cad67dc.png

Let's hope this continues through the summer and you get to ring up some high double-digit 90+ days!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Absolute top notch weather coming for the foreseeable. Mid-70's occasional storm chances. #chefskiss

Maybe a larger window of fantastic weather this spring. Usually get this from Memorial Day thru first few weeks of June before heat sets in. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cary67 said:

Maybe a larger window of fantastic weather this spring. Usually get this from Memorial Day thru first few weeks of June before heat sets in. 

Yeah, with the way the extended looks, I am planning on rolling out the garden a couple weeks early. 

• Like 4

A perfect Spring day here, couldn't get any nicer!! No wind to chill when out there, no full leaf out. I hope I'm wrong but it seems like this combo for spring only happens once per season. 20C roughly but for some strange reason TWN keeps showing a crazy low reading like 12C now 15C :lol:

This is exactly what I was hoping for - we don't need another crazy forest fire season with a summer filled with smoke:

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/en/news/weather/forecasts/forthcoming-soggy-weekend-on-the-prairies-will-be-helpful-for-summer

• Like 1

Have had storms rolling through on and off for like the last 7 or 8 hours now. Nothing severe here really but the lightning was surprisingly good with this last wave. This really is a fun season overall, I can really get behind the storms every day or two 

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Chambana said:

Early taste of summer as temps have soared to 86 in the paign. Working on the pool today.

EDIT: 87

86 here.

A prolonged active stretch begins today, so the upcoming week will be a wash. 

7 hours ago, Malacka11 said:

Have had storms rolling through on and off for like the last 7 or 8 hours now. Nothing severe here really but the lightning was surprisingly good with this last wave. This really is a fun season overall, I can really get behind the storms every day or two 

important to stay wet this time of year

• Like 3

Nothing really overnight and typical remnants IMBY this morning.   Got 1/3" total.  At least it is wet.  Might get something this afternoon; we'll see.

Overall pattern seems active but not seeing much exciting for my area yet but tis the season of leftovers :lol:

• Like 1

0.29" of rain yesterday, and very nice today with gusty W/SW winds. Temps in the upper 60's - low 70's. Started off with dense fog along the shore, but that lifted pretty quickly this morning. Looks like the first mowing of the grass will be really soon. Almost to that point right now. :) 

• Like 1