• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
May 2024 Discussion - Welcome to Severe Season!!!!

weatherwiz

21 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

54 with stratus-back door hell is back

It's deep enough in the atmosphere that it may actually partially clear from the NE.. There are clear patches over the lower GOM region on sat. They, and the patches of Labrador shit streak strata are en masse moving fairly quickly SW.  So best hope is to have one of these pass over one's region.  It's about all there can be mustered that is redeeming.

I think this is CC related.  These May putrid patterns are part of the spring blocking thing that's been happening with increasing frequency over the past 20 years.  It's very complicated ... As the winter seasonal velocities start to come down, and the wave lengths start to shorten, closing off high latitude ridges is naturally going to occur anyway, but we're seeing a preponderance of it that's more than that.   

It's probably impossible to parse out the natural tendency from the exaggerated tendency, in this case.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoCORH4L said:

It's shitty from now through next weekend, let's just face the music. We now live in NL.

You can tell It doesn't look good if that crackpot from Connecticut isn't ranting about installs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's deep enough in the atmosphere that it may actually partially clear from the NE.. There are clear patches over the lower GOM region on sat. They, and the patches of Labrador shit streak strata are en masse moving fairly quickly SW.  So best hope is to have one of these pass over one's region.  It's about all there can be mustered that is redeeming.

I think this is CC related.  These May putrid patterns are part of the spring blocking thing that's been happening with increasing frequency over the past 20 years.  It's very complicated ... As the winter seasonal velocities start to come down, and the wave lengths start to shorten, closing off high latitude ridges is naturally going to occur anyway, but we're seeing a preponderance of it that's more than that.   

It's probably impossible to parse out the natural tendency from the exaggerated tendency, in this case.

The 90s and 00s were terrible. Way worse than this. We've had some decent springs overall post 2010. I think this is more just our climo.

41 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The 90s and 00s were terrible. Way worse than this. We've had some decent springs overall post 2010. I think this is more just our climo.

Nothing will ever beat 2005 May    hahaha.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Between my childhood and ~ 2000 ... I never saw snow in May.

I've seen it now 10 times since 2000.

That's what I mean ?

I'm not refuting what you're say, re the four seasons of New England:  Summer, Autumn, Winter, Butt Bang

Like I said... it's hard to parse out which is which in terms of quota in the question of 'how much of this is just our climate vs being exaggerated by CC'   - speculative on this latter point, of course.

But just imho I don't think the hockey stick climate acceleration in the last 25 years, vs the sudden frequency shift in odd-ball late cold so pernicious that we have busted virga cu packing pellet flurries like it's Thanks Giggedy in May, is merely accidental. 

Had to drive down to White Plains, NY today and then heading to Albany.  Went I-91 to 84 and then over into NY… Looks like June once south of Springfield with all the leaves and greenery, love it.

However it’s warmer up in northern VT… car says 62F here while MVL just hit 70F.

IMG_9518.gif.96e6dc9a9bebd449bf5b94129e37ffe4.gif

45 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

Fair amount of cloud cover, but lower 60's and pretty nice. Blossoms, barns, and a lawnmower that will need to be fired up for the first time this season.

20240503_143041compressed.jpg

20240503_143207compressed.jpg

20240503_143017compressed.jpg

Be careful what pictures you post, Kevin will say your garage is too messy.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Had to drive down to White Plains, NY today and then heading to Albany.  Went I-91 to 84 and then over into NY… Looks like June once south of Springfield with all the leaves and greenery, love it.

However it’s warmer up in northern VT… car says 62F here while MVL just hit 70F.

It's incredible how far behind we are here compared to the valley

• Like 1

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It’s def been a Pike south and west of 495 nice type of spring . 

5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It was a beautiful afternoon. I took it off and went for a bike ride on the LVRT. Hardwick to Wolcott and back. Finished with tacos in Hardwick when I was done. 

IMG_4190.jpeg

IMG_4192.jpeg

• Like 7