• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
May 2024 Discussion - Welcome to Severe Season!!!!

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

I walked 9 and didn’t even really break a sweat. Teed off juts after 6:00 and finished around 7:30. Had a few sprinkles but could see heavier stuff off to the north. Black flies starting to assert their dominance. 

Convective evening… just constant thunder over the past 45 minutes.  Not seeing the lightning strikes on maps, but dog has been stressed and it’s been consistent booms every few minutes.

It twas a solid 75 here and just plain beautiful. I don’t care what time of the year it is..I’ll take weather like this any day and run with it! Shame about the rest of the week but hopefully we can balance things out again at some point. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Stein making pollen insane. May have to install.

Yep. I did, and fired up the HEPA Honeywell. Yellow dust everywhere and the oak dongs aren't event out yet here 

13 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Was thinking you’d enjoy the feel out there… rain cooled 64F but the storms also raised the dews up near 60F.  Feels a bit muggy, windows and sliders open.  Decent light left to the day at 7pm even with clouds and convection.

I’ve been in Nashville all week . Dews and storms 

• Like 3

SE zones enjoying a meso-beta scaled sun hole.   Surrounded be a rampart of clouds, but looping shows it's holding out. Ha. 

Can't imagine that's ultimately very sustainable - it's like the General Custard morning

14 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

57/57 light rain…raging summeh. 

We had a min of 57F last night with occasional thunder… all jokes aside, that’s some summer night stuff up this way.  Has to be close to a +20 night, ha.

Actually the 00z ICON looks like the Euro for the weekend, fwiw.  

basically, the GGEM/GFS are smudge happy for days.  The Euro and ICON are at least dry.

It actually wouldn't be a bad thing to get some beneficial rains tomorrow, but it looks like light showers to me.  The NAM's 00z/06z trended S ...now just grazing the region with what probably amounts to not completely even wetting the streets type sprinkles. 

45 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We had a min of 57F last night with occasional thunder… all jokes aside, that’s some summer night stuff up this way.  Has to be close to a +20 night, ha.

Big nightime positive departures continue. The new 20yr norms are warmer then previous yet the daily departures continue above. We continue compounding to what end…?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

71 here. BINOVC

Your breaks have moved NW - or repositioned.    We have some dull sun eyeballin' thru. It's sent the 65 to 71 in the last half hour.

Today shows that this isn't a 'cold' airmass.  It's really still quite mild in the vertical.  It'll be like that through this scunge patter we're in for the next couple of days. Any sun here or there and the T's pop.  

10 days ago, this would be 44.  

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Already into the 50s by 7 AM, and with near full sun we'll be up close to 80 unless clouds/RA intervene.  Black flies irritating but haven't been biting - yet.  Maybe today will open their mouths.

• Haha 2

This is good...   We appear to be slated to receiving an inch or so of beneficial rains - whether the models are doing so or not.   After a couple of warm days with relatively lower DPs, it's value add.   Mid week, too ... when it is by and large less important to salvage outdoor time. 

Question is, do we end up more optimistic for the weekend?  

• Like 1