Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter Apr 3rd-4th OBS

wxeyeNH

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Solid 3 inches here, probably a little more but I did not bother measuring first thing this morning. Lots of compaction.

still snowing lightly. 

415D2AD6-799B-4A5B-BCC0-7408F3E42100.thumb.jpeg.cb2b851aa3dd4950a359d75a99aeeb84.jpeg

How long before those pines blow down onto your house Hippy?  Or are they far enough away that if they fall, they miss the house? 

5 minutes ago, Prismshine Productions said:

Wasn't 6, but at least you got a solid paste

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

You know what?  Decent event for late season.  Honestly I was skeptical we were going to get this much. It’s actually kicked back up to moderate snow falling again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

How long before those pines blow down onto your house Hippy?  Or are they far enough away that if they fall, they miss the house? 

We’ve had a few tree guys come look. We’re going to take down the three closest to the house that seem iffy.  Otherwise both guys that came over said it’s a pretty nice stand of trees and don’t mess with it too much.

We have been very lucky over the years that nothing is ever come down in the house. I’m fortunately sheltered from west winds with a 600 foot hill behind the house.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tunafish said:

@OceanStWx

With these heavier/convective echoes moving towards us, will they be sleet/rn or flashover to snow? 

I haven't seen any sleet obs so far, just 1/4sm +SN. But I wouldn't be shocked if there was some graupel in there, because it's pretty convective.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NoCORH4L said:

Roads are slick as hell, got stuck trying to get up my driveway too. Saw multiple cars that had skidded off RT 2 near the Westminster drug rehab place.

c1_20240404_10490951.jpeg

seems like the rehab place may not be working well

• Haha 2

You know what?  Decent event for late season.  Honestly I was skeptical we were going to get this much. It’s actually kicked back up to moderate snow falling again.
See darling, is my optimism sucha bad rhing for the Pioneer Valley?

Just wait 6 months when La Nina winter starts knocking, got a feeling me and you gonna be doing the climo tango XD

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I haven't seen any sleet obs so far, just 1/4sm +SN. But I wouldn't be shocked if there was some graupel in there, because it's pretty convective.

I have some dippin dots mixed in. Mod/hvy here. Not huge growth, but a lot of flakes. 

19 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

About to head back home now. Will take some pics along the way. 

Have you told your wife yet about how a bear broke the window in the door yesterday and how you bravely protected the house by fighting it off with your bare hands?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just measured 9.0”/0.97” in the core from the board. I missed some rain and melted sleet in there. There’s another can out there that caught it all from the beginning, but there’s probably undercatch with the snow. I’ll take the higher of the two totals when it’s over. 

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Just measured 9.0”/0.97” in the core from the board. I missed some rain and melted sleet in there. There’s another can out there that caught it all from the beginning, but there’s probably undercatch with the snow. I’ll take the higher of the two totals when it’s over. 

That's not terrible ratio wise   Prob more like 5:1 or 6:1 here   Oof