Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024 General Discussion

rainsucks

3 hours ago, buckeye said:

amen!

that and those damn windmills too.    Poor birds, if they manage not to get sliced and diced, they have to hope they don't get fried in mid flight now.

Those are fields we use to grow crop in as well. As supply chains continue to falter, we continue to ruin good dirt. It won’t be without consequences. 

43 minutes ago, King James said:

Those are fields we use to grow crop in as well. As supply chains continue to falter, we continue to ruin good dirt. It won’t be without consequences. 

That dirt was ruined when modern ag took over. 

• Like 2

Three day total of 2.47" IMBY.  Radar estimates show a county or two south and west easily doubled that. We needed every drop here. But over double that would probably be a tad excessive.

Had a heavy grauple and sleet shower this afternoon that whitened the ground briefly, 0.1", however, it melted quickly. Popcorn showers dotted the area today

So glad we went South for vacation. Just seems like brutal weather this week up there
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mississaugasnow said:

@Snowstorms  @michsnowfreak Even with that big push in late March YYZ is still at 6th least snowiest season on record at the airport. I don't know about you guys but to me thats going in the futile pile. 6th place has a cushion of about 2" before this winter would slip to 7th. 

Not happening. Just an initial look at the models and upper air pattern would suggest winter is largely over for us. The storm this week was underwhelming and only produced snow further north and east. YYZ will likely finish at 26.3" for the season, well below our 44.5" average. This winter receives an F grade from me. 

Hopefully this was our last sustained cold too, ready for some warmth and thunderstorms now. 

8 hours ago, mississaugasnow said:

@Snowstorms  @michsnowfreak Even with that big push in late March YYZ is still at 6th least snowiest season on record at the airport. I don't know about you guys but to me thats going in the futile pile. 6th place has a cushion of about 2" before this winter would slip to 7th. 

Where does this season rank in Torontos entire period of record?

5 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Where does this season rank in Torontos entire period of record?

7th least snowiest on record. Here's the top 10 going back to 1840. Note I used YYZ from 1955-onwards. 

image.png.62a9b0b03ab4a4ffdea48e1374614481.png 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Yeah, that's definitely futility. This season, Detroit ranks 18th least since 1880.

Ya, the good news is I can’t imagine next year is as bad as this one. 

Plus as you’ve mentioned before everything normally averages out. We had a good run the last few winters before this. 

2 hours ago, CheeselandSkies said:

Decent rain here going to work on those snow piles; should seen an explosion of greenery within a few days.

Yeah up here at least our forecast doesn't drop close to 32 all week. Coupled with all the recent precip and sunny days later in the week, everything should be going nuts for green up by the end of the week.

• Like 1