• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024 General Discussion

rainsucks

@mississaugasnowWatching the Tues-Thurs storm closely right now. Still a few days out but with the lingering cold air from the high in Quebec, there could be the potential for a messy storm across the GTA. Potential is there for rain, ice pellets, and snow. Might be winter's grand finale. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

@mississaugasnowWatching the Tues-Thurs storm closely right now. Still a few days out but with the lingering cold air from the high in Quebec, there could be the potential for a messy storm across the GTA. Potential is there for rain, ice pellets, and snow. Might be winter's grand finale. 

I've been doing the same for 3-5 days now. Past runs of GFS,CMC and ECMWF have  estimated 6-18" accumulations for Alpena. Looking like one last potential for a nice concrete snowstorm and a rip on the old Yamaha snowmobile!

• Like 4

I'm still closely watching the Wednesday storm. Looking more and more likely that I will receive atleast 6" of cement snow to finish off the winter. NOAA APX is beginning to focus in on the potential.

"Latest 00Z runs of deterministic guidance (GFS, ECMWF, GDPS) all depict a QPF bullseye of around 1.5 to 2.5 over NE lower. This reflects the enhanced lift from the upper level shortwave deepening the closed low as they meet and the wave rotates around the low. With this scenario, heavy wet snow is seen in model sounding profiles and combined with gusty surface winds."

I'm looking forward to one last rip on my sled,then it's time to put it away and bring out my summer truck and car. 

On 3/29/2024 at 6:52 PM, Snowstorms said:

Im thinking white rain for south of 401. One of those where it might stick for 5 mins under heaviest returns on grass tips. 

1-2" actually sticks north of 401-407. Im thinking 5-9" for the higher elevations of Orangeville-Shelburne. 

3 hours ago, Imneversatisfied said:

A whole state shift west? lol Hard to tell what's going to happen.

The shift has been big that is for sure.  What a kick in the pants.  Last nights system to far S and now this one is going to far NW.   April in SE MI :yikes:

It's already starting to snow a little bit here in Green Bay. GRB has issued a winter storm watch for tomorrow and Wednesday for it's eastern half and this is pretty strong wording considering the low lead time for this.

image.thumb.png.de94de351e83512fec3ce6a1a4181ff9.png

This is really giving me the same vibes as 3/25 last year. Large area of snow, with a death band that we don't really know where it's going to set up in the event is underway. And this time, there's going to be a hefty wind component to it. Green Bay may legit get it's second foot plus storm this year which is insane considering the rest of the winter. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Geoboy645 said:

It's already starting to snow a little bit here in Green Bay. GRB has issued a winter storm watch for tomorrow and Wednesday for it's eastern half and this is pretty strong wording considering the low lead time for this.

image.thumb.png.de94de351e83512fec3ce6a1a4181ff9.png

This is really giving me the same vibes as 3/25 last year. Large area of snow, with a death band that we don't really know where it's going to set up in the event is underway. And this time, there's going to be a hefty wind component to it. Green Bay may legit get it's second foot plus storm this year which is insane considering the rest of the winter. 

Hope you get something good out of it king 

10 hours ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

Had some snowflakes mix in with the rain today in rural Nicollet County MN where I was doing a geotechnical investigation for a future solar farm. Metro stayed dry. 

Ease up on the solar farms plz. Ugly ass things are popping up everywhere. 

• Weenie 1

25 minutes ago, mnchaserguy said:

Surprise snow here in MSP this morning. Roads are just wet but I bet we will pick up a quick inch in the grass. It’s coming down about as hard as it has all winter.

I’m up in Maple Grove this morning. Borderline snow squall conditions at times. Definitely at least an inch down and still snowing steadily. Backwards winter!

image.jpg

• Like 2