Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Congrats Dendrite Deck Destroyer 3/23-3/25 obs discussion

Ginx snewx

5 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Scott,  as you know I'm no Met and many of you on here know much more than me.  I am pretty active in our 10,000 member Newfound Lake FB group.  Last year every once in a while I would make a weather post or a forecast.  People started latching on and now I'm very well known locally.  WMUR Mets are good but they tailor their forecasts to S NH in the big population centers.  Being 50 miles north and higher in elevation our local weather is  different.  Coming from Metro Boston where the coastal front setup or sea breeze was the biggest challenge up here it is elevation changes.  PF and Alex get upslope.  We don't.  Sometimes we get shadowed from the Whites just to our north and northeast. So I have been trying to figure things out on my own without mucking up the SNE forums.  

I thought Brian had a good take. At least a guess as good as any. I don't see downsloping as real issue. Winds at 925 and below are ENE to NE but light. Big time lift is 850 and above where winds are srly. It's more about the temps aloft. Pretty sure you'll be below 32. Possibly Brian as well.

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yup…Medway exit, Irving Gas station and mini market right off that exit. 

Is it the type of station where you walk in, music stops, and everyone looks at you? I remember getting that look up in Errol, and then once when my buddy and I were up in the Forks area. I guess being 18 with a backwards RedSox hat did not go over with LL Bean and Carhatts being worn. The whole pub stared at us.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I thought Brian had a good take. At least a guess as good as any. I don't see downsloping as real issue. Winds at 925 and below are ENE to NE but light. Big time lift is 850 and above where winds are srly. It's more about the temps aloft. Pretty sure you'll be below 32. Possibly Brian as well.

Thanks guys.  In strong Nor'easter downslope off the Whites make Plymouth and my area a bit of a snowhole.  I do best in SWFE.  So I totally agree no downslope issues.  Probably ping for awhile.  Snowstake is out and ready!

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Is it the type of station where you walk in, music stops, and everyone looks at you? I remember getting that look up in Errol, and then once when my buddy and I were up in the Forks area. I guess being 18 with a backwards RedSox hat did not go over with LL Bean and Carhatts being worn. The whole pub stared at us.

Yuppy wear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The whole pub was thinking look at these two massholes.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Which makes the Mansfield snow stake stuff even more wild.

I know, right?  What an incredible 2 weeks up there.  From 40" to possibly 100"+ in 14 days.  And, it is / will be super high water content pack too so it'll have real staying power.  This storm is like a day or two late for them to catch the 2018-19 season...image.thumb.png.cd6643b103313e403c0af8ddb073386c.pngch the incredible

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Lol…nah it’s a cool little place that sells all kinds of stuff. That’s funny shit though Scott.  

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah, that’s what I figured. I was ready for someone to yell dance boy and start shooting at my feet.

a bunch of years ago some buddies and I were at a bar I think it was in St Johnsbury. we all ended up getting super drunk (so we fit right in), and when 1 of my friends fell off a bar stool all of a sudden we didn't fit in so well. we got kicked out by each and every one of the regulars. I was almost surprised they didn't throw us out through a window, Roadhouse style.

• Haha 1

Warnings now extended to the coast up here.

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM SATURDAY TO 6 AM EDT
SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy mixed precipitation expected. Total snow
accumulations between 4 and 9 inches, sleet accumulations around 1
inch, and ice accumulations around two tenths of an inch. The
greatest snow accumulations will be away from the immediate
coast. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph Saturday night.

* WHERE...Coastal Waldo, Knox, Lincoln, Sagadahoc, and Coastal
Cumberland Counties.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Then he obviously went past the on ramp for 95 south which would have been on his right right just after he passed the Irving station, that would have been to his left lol. 

I got a big kick out of that knew exactly where he was. City soy boy

• Haha 2

We had a ZR event (almost half inch accretion) in srn CT in April 2016. So if you can maintain ageo flow and not have it rot at a calm 32F..you will get accretion. I could see low spots sort of rotting near 32, but up towards 1K and with exposure to the E and NE, drop a couple and get accretion. You'll want a steady breeze basically.

• Like 1