Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Met Spring 2024 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

8 hours ago, HimoorWx said:

Not surprised. Only about half mile from the Blue Hills, but first time seeing one in the neighborhood.

Sent from my SM-A546U using Tapatalk

they are getting overpopulated and being seen everywhere

2 hours ago, SJonesWX said:

they are getting overpopulated and being seen everywhere

Most adaptable large animal in North America - they've been seen living in downtown LA and it wouldn't surprise me to hear of them in Manhattan.  They've been in Maine for 90+ years.

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

Most adaptable large animal in North America - they've been seen living in downtown LA and it wouldn't surprise me to hear of them in Manhattan.  They've been in Maine for 90+ years.

I live near a few hundred acres and hear a pack howling some nights, sometimes it sounds like a frenzy, probably caught a cat or whatever else they eat. Actually, saw a huge one cross the road and a small young one cross the road on a highway near me, damn things are everywhere.

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

This guy was photographed in central park last year:  CoyoteCentralPark.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

They're a nice looking animal but so is a bobcat, and I wouldn't want either one in my yard near my pets.

I’ve caught both coyotes and bobcats (and turkeys, deer, moose, fox) on my trail cam. Have a great pic of a bobcat with dinner hanging from its mouth (chipmunk maybe) that I’ll try to post someday.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NoCORH4L said:

@Cold MiserNew England Undercoat in leominster. was a thousand bucks but it lasts a very long time, typically only needs touch ups every few years. noxudol wax. Still looks cherry 2 years later. 

RE: pick up truck undercoating

I thought some of the automakers were doing that when they build a vehicle.

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

I thought some of the automakers were doing that when they build a vehicle.

Some do it as an add on. Some just dip the frame in wax. Some dealers will do it prior to sale ..... 

But these guys sprayed literally everything underneath. Mine really had nothing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

Wow. That's the most I've seen for cost.

Yeah, but not having to do it every year is nice. There's NH oil undercoat, but that makes a mess I heard, and then fluid film which is DIY.... But I'm not so sure how well that holds up

If anyone in VT is looking to go electric for a vehicle the rebates up there are the best in the US.

This is from a recently purchased f150 lighting.

Green Mountain Power is also offering charging at significantly reduced rates of .13 kwh. The math works out at those rates that the savings over gas are astronomical.

Screenshot_20240316_061606_Reddit.jpg

• Confused 1

If anyone in VT is looking to go electric for a vehicle the rebates up there are the best in the US.
This is from a recently purchased f150 lighting.
Green Mountain Power is also offering charging at significantly reduced rates of .13 kwh. The math works out at those rates that the savings over gas are astronomical.

Screenshot_20240316_061606_Reddit.thumb.jpg.18252de7af6b12c466fc53ed0647fee1.jpg
Is the St of VT cash paid by the taxpayer?

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk