Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Discobs 2024

George BM

4 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Already 72 in Germantown.  That smoke you're seeing is from an Oil tank fire at asphalt plant

5 hours ago, Scuddz said:

Something burning nicely out west of Rockville. From downtown silver spring.

20240314_115118.jpg

2 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

we were out by Landover in PG County for a doc appt for my daughter and I thought I smelled something

3 hours ago, CAPE said:

High of 77. Currently 75 at 530. No UHI here. Amazing. March is the new May?

It is. We hit 84 today with a humid dewpoint of 70. Our LOW was 71! Southeast winds are well established off the Gulf. Normal high is 69, our dewpoint is higher lmao. We are starting to get this on the regular. Leafout is 90 percent and the lawn is a jungle and the mower is broken. That shiny new fiery base state is setting the calendars forward by two months. What will August be like?

Getting ridiculous is an understatement.  High here today was 78f normal high here today is 52f low last night was 46f so yea well above normal.

Normal High here 52f normal low 31f 

So, between the normal highs and lows were above by 41 degrees.

Up here in southeastern PA we have all daffodils, saucer magnolias, southern magnolias, and brad ford pear trees, apple trees, and cherry trees in full bloom.

Crocus are done as they bloomed in and around January 21st.  We have had our daffodils in full bloom since Valentine's Day so there is that.

Also, we had snow squalls and 50 mph winds last Saturday so yea it is changeable too. 

Anyone buying highs in the 30's next week on the GFS?  That's a close call for snow on March 23rd up here in Southern PA. lol right. 

• Sad 1

A high of 70 on Friday felt wonderful. Of course, that was cool compared to 1944 when it was 86 in Staunton!   And warm compared to 1993 when it was minus 3.

My peach tree will be in bloom in another week or 10 days. Apples and plums later.

Most fruit will freeze this year.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic