Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

14 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm an amateur...which implicitly makes learning my primary motive for doing this. You can't learn from errors unless you own and accept them....only cheating myself if I don't. 

Heard this many years ago:

What's the secret of business success?  Right decisions.
How does one learn to make right decisions?  Experience.
How does one get experience?  Wrong decisions.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

December and February killed me in terms of temps, but the month that really killed my snowfall totals was February....I needed an escape from the MC that month and instead it happened in late March. I expected this pattern to come a month ago.

Not just temps but precip, which has been wildly anomalous December on.  

DEC:  9.35"   Wettest by 1.50"   (26 year POR here)
JAN:  5.47"   0.54" below the wettest (1999)
FEB:  0.95"   Driest
MAR: 7.41"    0.50" below the wettest (also 1999) but likely to finish on top.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dendrite said:

Nope. -5 across the board. 
image.png

Yeah I was looking at that after my comment...I guess I thought the average low would have been higher. I know the coldest min in January at BDL has gone from 12 or 13 to 17 I think since the 1971-2000 normals. I was also just speaking generally about rising mins.

12 minutes ago, H2Otown_WX said:

Yeah I was looking at that after my comment...I guess I thought the average low would have been higher. I know the coldest min in January at BDL has gone from 12 or 13 to 17 I think since the 1971-2000 normals. I was also just speaking generally about rising mins.

Yeah in general a lot of our well above normal stretches over the past 2 decades have been biased toward the mins. But this month it’s been fairly even over the interior. I think the lack of any cold the first 20 days of the month changed our perception of what normal March temps should be.

• Like 1

Some absolute weenie solutions from the GFS for next week over last couple of runs. Transfers, gets stacked and rots in the GOM. What a crazy way that would be to get Maine posters above average snowfall for the season. 

44 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

Some absolute weenie solutions from the GFS for next week over last couple of runs. Transfers, gets stacked and rots in the GOM. What a crazy way that would be to get Maine posters above average snowfall for the season. 

At the very least, We surpassed winter 2015-16 by 2" so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowLover22 said:

How much I pray this does not happen. I already moved on to spring.

IMG_4850.jpeg

My friends in Portland who hate winter won’t like that.  Honestly though who lives in Maine and hates winter? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, GCWarrior said:

My friends in Portland who hate winter won’t like that.  Honestly though who lives in Maine and hates winter? 

Good friend of mine lives in Portland. She absolutely hates snow. It's her birthday today . I sent along the map so she'll likely be my ex friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Weenie 1

22 minutes ago, GCWarrior said:

17 minutes ago, dryslot said:

People that live in Portland.

Just now, kdxken said:

Good friend of mine lives in Portland. She absolutely hates snow. It's her birthday today . I sent along the map so she'll likely be my ex friend.

I rest my case.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

19 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Hasn’t snowed in Portland since 2015 so she must be happy 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

Weekend looks like it could be kinda nice, at least for SNE. Friday dry as well.

I've been looking on the bright side and so far Thursday looks like the only washout. Weekend was looking nice but anytime I see the word "stalled" in conjunction with springtime it worries me.

"Still thinking this weekend remains mainly dry, but the picture is not as clear as it once was. A low pressure should move into the Maritimes from east of New England by Saturday. The question then becomes where exactly will the cold front of this low pressure be. At this time, thinking it stalls just to the south
of New England." 

1 hour ago, GCWarrior said:

Being a weenie in Maine must be fun. Tracking snow all the time . 

Amazing 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Being a weenie in Maine must be fun. Tracking snow all the time . 

Amazing 

Actually it’s not as often as you might think Ant.  Sure, it’s alot more often most all the time (except 2010) than NYC, but they’ve had a pretty lousy year this year too. But again, most areas North and east and North and west are better than the inner city most of the time. 

• Like 1