Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, NorEastermass128 said:

When you’re running 6 miles and there’s sun…running in shorts isn’t so ridiculous at 35F. Anyway, the weather is so exciting, why not talk about temperature thresholds for running in shorts???

Better than the dewpoint discussions coming to this board soon enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

19 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

When you’re running 6 miles and there’s sun…running in shorts isn’t so ridiculous at 35F. Anyway, the weather is so exciting, why not talk about temperature thresholds for running in shorts???

Perhaps..but my post was more just to wear.  But I can understand that.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Inland has  had 3-4 warm sunny days with 60+ this month. Several shorts days already with 3 coming this week including today 

Yeah idk how this isn’t warm for the first 1/3 of March. Almost +8F on the highs and more big + anomalies on the way. 
image.png

21 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah idk how this isn’t warm for the first 1/3 of March. Almost +8F on the highs and more big + anomalies on the way. 
image.png

They’ve got to have it fit their cold terrible spring in New England agenda , so it’s called cold cloudy and rainy when in fact it’s rained and been wet,, but overall more sunny warm days and well above normal . And Lo and behold the cold and snowy period that they were forecasting for mid and late month has morphed in normal to slightly AN.  As expected 

32 minutes ago, dendrite said:

image.png

That's +9.6.  I've at +10.0 here, but 8 of the 12 days have been cloudy, we've had 4.08" of (mostly) rain and a lot of windy days (including today's mostly sunny).  Kinda cuts into the warm feeling, but then early March climo is still winter here.

36 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It seems like the vibe is if it’s not 70F+ this time of year it’s not warm.

It's my vibe. HA. Blame me,  I'm the one that brought it up this morning. 

Buuut I was also quick to claim it's probably my own personal bias - I'm just remembering those 80 F Februaries ( two of them -) in the last 8 years.  And a lot of 80s and 90s in Mar and April.

Those were all in fact waaaay beyond the pail compared to anything I personally experienced spanning the previous 40 years for one.   But it's just also frequently enough that it's begun to desensitize to it a little. 

Like Brian said, we're all getting that way a little bit.    It's an interesting psycho-babble aspect of how climate erodes and finally does penetrate "expectation spectrum" - if you will.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They’ve got to have it fit their cold terrible spring in New England agenda , so it’s called cold cloudy and rainy when in fact it’s rained and been wet,, but overall more sunny warm days and well above normal . And Lo and behold the cold and snowy period that they were forecasting for mid and late month has morphed in normal to slightly AN.  As expected 

yeah I'm not sure why anyone would buy cold at this point...LR fantasy that hasn't panned out since Thanksgiving.

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, mine began on January 6.....TBH, Jan 6-7 was it for me...19 of my 30" seasonal total.

Bam-done.

That was snow to rain here after a few inches.  Slop left over the next morning.  Big event here was the mid Feb storm with 7 inches.  A HECS these days

41 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah the cold agenda crew is in trouble, but most knew. Models certainly backed down on the 18th-21st "cold/winter/snow" thing... looks like 40's/low 50's probably slightly BN? lol Then Morch ramps back up. 

• Thanks 2
  • Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

That was snow to rain here after a few inches.  Slop left over the next morning.  Big event here was the mid Feb storm with 7 inches.  A HECS these days

Yea, I had an inch in that. lol

That really is incredible.....here on the NH border I mustered one warning and one advisory event all season.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

And you think we are going to have a San Diegolike March.  Which doesn't seem on tap either.

• Thanks 1

Looks like deep cold though in the Plains/Midwest that does try to spill east. So something like one push in a week to 10 days and then a mild up before another push? But I don't see Morch really returning for a prolonged stretch again. I also would argue this is not the winter look that torched the same area that is going to receive the coldest anomalies.