Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I am done looking at long range, at this point....get a nice look within 120 hours and then I will acknowledge.

The way the season has gone give me a good look within 48 hrs and I might look;

• Like 2

Likely any such "day 11" Euro and ensemble et al amplitude winds up just suffering the same seasonal rug pull-out that this 11th system appears slated to

- huge potential aloft, untappable because the lower troposphere is very challenged for thermal gradient in every direction. 

The 11th: there'll be a deep cyclone response, but it's missing too much cross sectional physics.  So some wind and lighter QPF whirling thru.  After season and sun and obviously dying winter work over the hemisphere ... what do you have left of the latter system?  good luck

Welcome to the four, Summer --> Autumn --> Winter --> Piece of shit seasons in New England 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Likely any such "day 11" Euro and ensemble et al amplitude winds up just suffering the same seasonal rug pull-out that this 11th system appears slated to

- huge potential aloft, untappable because the lower troposphere is very challenged for thermal gradient in every direction. 

The 11th: there'll be a deep cyclone response, but it's missing too much cross sectional physics.  So some wind and lighter QPF whirling thru.  After season and sun and obviously dying winter work over the hemisphere ... what do you have left of the latter system?  good luck

Welcome to the four, Summer --> Autumn --> Winter --> Piece of shit seasons in New England 

Hello NE spring:

image.thumb.png.93eee6198e2e9b8a6c162618d7a51eb5.png

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Lock that in to continue the torture. Maybe we get good April snows like 2016 lol.

That's the year I remember April snow. I remember driving to work in it early in the morning on a Sunday I think. But I keep seeing people reference 2018 which I don't remember at all.

A lovely (to me) late afternoon with a glass of Jamieson/rocks.  We had training storms overnight and morning today but it seems we're clearing out.  Either way, my 4 mile  rt walk for coffee featured clouds and 78/70.  My skin is happy!  So liberating not to chase snow in a ratter.   Maybe next year....or maybe April, or who knows?

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1