Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Weekend Rule? Saturday 2/17 - The Icon Storm

DDweatherman

7 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Precip field actually shifted north on the GFS too. It's just farther south than other models like NAM and ICON. 

I'm not buying the 4-6" across northern neck and SoMD.

Nope that’s just fine right there.  I will take that and never look back.

Interesting tweet, and digging deeper into the upper level maps, I agree.

This gets us more upside in terms of qpf, but the DC metro is dangerously close to missing the best banding with this north trend. 

I don't think we go 4/4 on last minute south trend this time.

• Thanks 1

Why is anybody posting anything from DT? The dude is an embarrassment. He is on the wrong side of the forecast so often but that’s not the real issue. Somehow he’s allowed to make errors in his forecast on a consistent basis, but he is quick to criticize the forecast of other meteorologist, and often in such a rude way that he just makes himself look bad. He definitely has issues. I will admit I follow him, but not because of his forecast and the fact that he thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room. No I follow him because it’s a freaking train wreck. I love it when he says something can’t happen and then the next model runs it happens. Many times when the weather is not going the way he predicted somehow his server goes down or there’s another personal crisis where he can’t get on to make a post. Look things happen, but it seems very convenient that they happen when his forecast goes up and smoke. He is a joke.

• Like 3
  • Weenie 2

15 minutes ago, Solution Man said:

Precip still hanging on at 39 before exiting

This is a W PWC special.  I can feel it.  Max to our south.  Good lift based on that Pauly post. Yeah unless something fucks the pooch

7 minutes ago, Snowguy66 said:

Why is anybody posting anything from DT? The dude is an embarrassment. He is on the wrong side of the forecast so often but that’s not the real issue. Somehow he’s allowed to make errors in his forecast on a consistent basis, but he is quick to criticize the forecast of other meteorologist, and often in such a rude way that he just makes himself look bad. He definitely has issues. I will admit I follow him, but not because of his forecast and the fact that he thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room. No I follow him because it’s a freaking train wreck. I love it when he says something can’t happen and then the next model runs it happens. Many times when the weather is not going the way he predicted somehow his server goes down or there’s another personal crisis where he can’t get on to make a post. Look things happen, but it seems very convenient that they happen when his forecast goes up and smoke. He is a joke.

You new here? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

This has sneaky upside.  It's not really a clipper, its a progressive west to east wave that partially phases with the NS.  It's trending more amplified, but I think there is a limit to how far north it can shift given the boundary.  Lift looks maximized in the DGZ and mid level temps are cold.  Get this into the .35-.55 qpf range and this could reasonably become a 4-8" sneaky snowstorm.  

The latest GFS doesn't like your ideas. Only .23.- .39