Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

48 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

I was actually sad going into Manhattan, the transition from beautiful snowcovered landscape in western Queens going into the tunnel to gross wet concrete coming out of the tunnel was eye opening. Not that I expected any different.

There's large parts of Queens that are like that too though.  

25 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Yeah I get it. Just gets me mad that a record keeps going when a small subsidence zone caused it. It would be another thing if it turned to rain or was 35 degrees.

It's why it's hard to make any conclusions from snowfall data from one location, especially when we don't even know how well they measure the snowfall at the park.

In the next storm, if we get one, they could get 10" while the rest of the region only gets 6 lol.

25 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

No I get that but in this case there is no denying CPK would have had more snow if the bands were east or west. That's all I am saying.

I'm hoping they get to 5 at least.... each storm has a "flavor" in terms of what kind of storm it was, and this storm definitely does not have a "flavor" of a 2.9 inch storm, it has the flavor of a "4-6" inch storm.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NittanyWx said:

Wilton, CT - 11:35

32/32

7.5"

8 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Being inland sure makes a difference.   About 6 here

Hey did you measure for Fairfield, I am in line with Wilton at 7.5. I am only 1.5 miles from the Fairfield boarder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Hey did you measure for Fairfield, I am in line with Wilton at 7.5. I am only 1.5 miles from the Fairfield boarder.

I have 6 on my deck but still going.  There could be compaction involved-I didn't do a snowboard or anything.

• Like 1

As of 11:30 am, it's 33F and snowing moderately with 5.4" OTG, so only 0.4" the last hour, as rates just haven't been great, missing out on the best bands for the last 3 hours; we had 4.0" at 8:30 am, so only 1.5" the last 3 hours while the good bands were giving people 1-2" per hour (we got 1.75"/hr  before 8:30 am). Oh well.  One last band to go through in the next 30 min or so and if we're lucky we'll get to 6", but not sure, although as I'm typing this the snow has gone to almost heavy for the first time in hours, so maybe.  

• Like 3