Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

11 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

Heat Island, Concrete Jungle, New Puddle City etc.

IMG_20240213_102211147.jpg

I had no anticipation of acclumation in most of Manhattan south of Central Park anyway. Not unless you get over an inch per hour rates for consecutive hours. Some short bursts from time to time won't cut it.

• Like 1

Have a super low ratio inch down here, still snowing nicely but having trouble sticking. Temps ticked up to 33 from about 32.5 earlier this morning. 

Considering prior to the great model gesundheit of yesterday I wasn’t even expecting to really see flakes, I’ll take it. My property is all white and pretty, which is what we’re here for. This would put me at like 8-9 on the season, hopefully grab another inch or two before it exits but we’ll see.

Glad this really worked out for many!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snowlover11 said:

still snowing moderately have a shot at 10”

Its kinda crazy because we started late and have over 6+ here in the northern tier of nyc,its coming down extremely hard atm. These parts have been ripping for almost 4 hours straight and literally caught up to some of those totals up there... Crazy stuff. Also l.i is getting lambasted and thry too have reported places with 6+ :lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, allgame830 said:

I seem to be pretty close to where you’re at. 

It's going to be a photo finish at the wire for 1 foot here in Mt Pleasant.   I'll go measure but I think we are over 9 ATT.  

This is fabulous.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bxstormwatcher360 said:

Hop on the 4 or d last stops to see what a snowstorm looks like. Lol

Yeah still moderate to heavy snow in Queens. I still think Central Park can make it to 5” before it ends in 2 hours. What do you think?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Lame. Substance hell 

It's coming down at a pretty good clip here. Should be picking up in your area soon as this final band swings through. A little over 5 inches here. A heavier burst with the back edge should get us to between 5 and half and 6. Yesterday I thought we'd be somewhere between 4 and 7, so pretty much what was expected. Not a blockbuster obviously, but a nice moderate snowstorm seems like a great event after getting very little the last couple years. I'm pleased. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

It's coming down at a pretty good clip here. Should be picking up in your area soon as this final band swings through. A little over 5 inches here. A heavier burst with the back edge should get us to between 5 and half and 6. Yesterday I thought we'd be somewhere between 4 and 7, so pretty much what was expected. Not a blockbuster obviously, but a nice moderate snowstorm seems like a great event after getting very little the last couple years. I'm pleased. 

A typical 80s type event. But heavier  wet snow than we would have gotten at this time of year back then; it was usually a powder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EastonSN+ said:

I understand however I have to disagree to an extent. When all areas around are getting heavier banding it's bad luck. 33 is plenty cold enough. If the banding was a little east or west CPK would easily have 6 inches with this storm.

This is where records can be misleading. I would agree if CPK was 35 or all of LI had no snow.

Not all of Long Island is getting "blitzed" though, here it's a nice light to moderate snow.  We'll get to 4" and there's an outside shot of 6"

I wouldn't call it "bad luck" I just think it's the natural evolution of the storm.

I don't believe in "luck" as you probably know.

• Like 1

Just now, ILoveWinter said:

Def a beautiful snowy scene in the UWS but not to sound like a downer, we clearly missed out on the best rates. I'll of course take it as it's still better than anything in the past few years!

Yeah bad luck for Manhattan.