Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

13 minutes ago, ILoveWinter said:

It's fair to say a couple of inches were lost but it's been sticking for the past several hours so not having the best rates / dynamics now will cut in even more than the warm start. 

Temperatures and rates are both important. It’s rare for NYC to get both the best rates of surrounding areas and enough cold. I believe February 2006 was one of the few times that Central Park got the best banding and was cold enough to have the heaviest accumulations from Newark east to MTP. 

• Like 1

Storm is moving along rather quickly. Should be over by 1 here in NYC. Let’s hope that banding to the west pushes central park over the edge. I swear if the boroughs do great but Centeal park ends up with like 4” that’s just lmao and so typical of central park

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stormlover74 said:

hope so too. No complaints considering 3 days ago I threw in the towel on this one

Yeah a few days ago I (like most people) thought it was just gonna be a coating to an inch or two mostly on colder surfaces for our aarea. Very happy to get a nice high impact moderate snowstorm. It's been a couple years since we've had to have streets plowed like this. 

• Like 1