Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I think Upton/Mt Holly might still be cautious, even if the Euro drops more S....might see them go like 2-4 or 3-5 in NYC for the time being or along that general latitude 

I think if 0Z Euro looks like the other models NYC will be under a WWA by the morning.

1 minute ago, HVSnowLover said:

I think if 0Z Euro looks like the other models NYC will be under a WWA by the morning.

Issue is areas east of city which are not urban. With rates at 2-3” an hour, if they occur, roads will become road covered, even highways. So Upton will probably go WSW for the whole area IMO if the EURO holds serve.

3 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

They'll be under a WWA I think no matter what, a WSW I doubt would come til 3-4pm tomorrow, even if the Euro dropped more south they'd probably go upper end WWA which is 3-5 I think for the time being

• Like 4

1 minute ago, psv88 said:

Issue is areas east of city which are not urban. With rates at 2-3” an hour, if they occur, roads will become road covered, even highways. So Upton will probably go WSW for the whole area IMO if the EURO holds serve.

are they even considering global models as of now? The mesoscale models are in range

6 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I think Upton/Mt Holly might still be cautious, even if the Euro drops more S....might see them go like 2-4 or 3-5 in NYC for the time being or along that general latitude 

Glad to see this keeps trending in the right direction. Definitely enough to believe now that it will be more than just a coating to an inch or two for north-central NJ to NYC. I agree that upping it to 2 to 5 looks like a good idea. 

1 minute ago, psv88 said:

And the mesos all show warning snows for Nassau and Suffolk, even with kuchera. I think they have to go with a watch at the 4 am advisory

a Winter Storm Watch or advisory ?

6 minutes ago, psv88 said:

And the mesos all show warning snows for Nassau and Suffolk, even with kuchera. I think they have to go with a watch at the 4 am advisory

Given what Upton is forecasting in their high end totals it's still hard for me to see them jumping to a WSW but i guess we'll find out. Right now they don't even have places just NW like NE NJ, Southern Westchester, CT Coast under anything so they seem to be going really conservative.     

7 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Glad to see this keeps trending in the right direction. Definitely enough to believe now that it will be more than just a coating to an inch or two for north-central NJ to NYC. I agree that upping it to 2 to 5 looks like a good idea. 

Tell that to whoever is in charge at Mt. Holly

• Northof78 changed the title to 2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic