• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Valentines Day Rain/Snow/Who The Hell Knows Thread

WinterWxLuvr

Should never have been a thread in the first place.  Since when did we start a thread over a week out with some fantasy storm?  Should we start a thread for the 18th too?

You mean the early Spring weather leading into it isn’t a flag?

Well GFS is running and we're kicking off the 12z suite.   For all the wailers, this wasn't even supposed to be our storm.  We're chasing cash money bonus here.  If we fail, so what.

On the other hand, I need to seem some changes because my interest is starting to wane on this one.  When timing is an issue, we frequently don't score. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

so far, nothing huge, but slight difference...north and south s/w are slightly farther apart..flow is every so slightly flatter out front

the main s/w is not as far east as prior run

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I mean, we can't totally ignore it because there are wholesale changes on every run..not stability...but it doesn't seem to matter in terms of what happens down here.

dosent really matter till the euro runs but having to rely on dr no...yikes. I hope the PD storm is not a southern slider...or else this month is in big trouble

17 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I mean, we can't totally ignore it because there are wholesale changes on every run..not stability...but it doesn't seem to matter in terms of what happens down here.

We’re at the range guidance usually starts to get the general idea. And I think it’s that this is cutting to our northwest. Makes sense. There is absolutely no cold in front of it. The only shot we had was that lead wave to be stronger and get out in front and then maybe…without that we’re dead here. Better opportunities await. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, snowfan said:

CMC solution makes it tempting to road-trip to downeast Maine for this one. Holy shit. 

My in-laws live in Hancock County, sort of near Bar Harbor. They're in for a pummeling. They got hit really hard with flooding/rain/wind in the December and January big rainstorms. Lost power for a week before xmas... luckily they have a big generator and a good propane supplier.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic