Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2024

George BM

Here comes the Superbowl! In Las Vegas!

I hope with all my heart, that the chiefs get stomped so bad, that they get carried unceremoniously off the field. I am still a very sore loserman over that strange game 2 weeks ago. I want those chiefs STOMPED and stomped BAD! I want that damned qb to get sacked about 14 times super hard!

I will always be a sore loserman over what was done to my beloved Ravens. That, was a very strange game. I'll be sore for the rest of my natural life.

• Like 2

Until ground truth is realized people who get overly excited or disappointed before it actually happens probably should spend more time in the present instead of worrying about the future. I promise it will be better for your mental health. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Until ground truth is realized people who get overly excited or disappointed before it actually happens probably should spend more time in the present instead of worrying about the future. I promise it will be better for your mental health. 

@yoda is 900 years old and we’re losing him :(

• Haha 7

Panic is fine and great but in NYC and SNE? Where every model has them getting 6”+ right now? They seriously need to stop looking forward for a second and enjoy this week

Maybe if I looked closer at their forecast I’d realize it’s a mirage but from the outside looking in they should prep their Jebwalk materials and then take everything after that as gravy

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Dude that would've been a frickin' disaster. You know, sometimes things happen for a reason...Just like Andrews saving that lady's life on that plane. We play and he's not there...we play and the Zay scandal could've marred the whole thing!

Might be all okay from the perspective of a Ravens fan.

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/community/criminal-justice/911-call-baltimore-ravens-zay-flowers-LJ2VLAGKDVH7ZADI66YJXHROEA/?schk=NO&rchk=YES&utm_source=The+Baltimore+Banner&utm_campaign=a103a084aa-NL_ALRT_20240210_0815&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_-a103a084aa-[LIST_EMAIL_ID]&mc_cid=a103a084aa&mc_eid=0d59245d97

Deb Playbook Rule No. 1: The new overheated Base State ALWAYS wins..

Remember this. No matter how promising the 384 day ensembles look. We have been tracking shadows for four months, and the base state is gonna murder all our precious darlings. We will either drown in perfect track rainstorms, or freeze to death in record frigid outbreaks with epic moisture starved shortwaves. Or both. Welcome to the new exciting normal in Mid Atlantic meteorology in the low sun season. Abandon all hope. Hey, its a LA Nina season in the midst of a so- called epic El Nino!

8 hours ago, nj2va said:

CAPE is like the LR thread therapist trying to talk reason in the sea of panic posts.  That thread would be a disaster without him.

Yeah, @CAPE is the voice of sanity/reason -- in the name of BREVITY -- nearly all of the time, there and in other spots on the sub. And he's got hella good taste in beer...which is the primary reason I follow his posts.  ;) 

56 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

@North Balti Zen

Thought about you today. A group of us are camping in the Middletown area at Bear Spring cabin. Did a 15 miler today to Brunswick on the AT and C&O. Sipping a few before heading back to the cabin.

image.jpeg.82606a54a5b78fd4cd5ea4fceea7119b.jpeg

image.jpeg.bb8fc692a5a6a7729ac2d9b4e67e41c2.jpeg

THIS....looks like ten tons of fun...camping, hiking, good weather...yeah. Good on you!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, nj2va said:

CAPE is like the LR thread therapist trying to talk reason in the sea of panic posts.  That thread would be a disaster without him.

Thanks, but us rational folk are becoming outnumbered at this juncture lol. This snow stuff is serious business.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

@North Balti Zen

Thought about you today. A group of us are camping in the Middletown area at Bear Spring cabin. Did a 15 miler today to Brunswick on the AT and C&O. Sipping a few before heading back to the cabin.

image.jpeg.82606a54a5b78fd4cd5ea4fceea7119b.jpeg

image.jpeg.bb8fc692a5a6a7729ac2d9b4e67e41c2.jpeg

Whoa! That’s awesome / what a great day and hike and weather for it is superb. Nice.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Panic is fine and great but in NYC and SNE? Where every model has them getting 6”+ right now? They seriously need to stop looking forward for a second and enjoy this week

Maybe if I looked closer at their forecast I’d realize it’s a mirage but from the outside looking in they should prep their Jebwalk materials and then take everything after that as gravy

Tbf I wouldn’t want to be in nyc looking at this map. I’d honestly rather be in Dc. 

im currently chasing this storm and I won’t be anywhere near nyc.

F8EE6B42-B430-462D-9BB7-C75EB00E0843.png

Just now, nj2va said:

Our crocuses have been in bloom for a week and a few Daffodils are ready to open their flowers.  Yesterday was great weather to get some yard work done to get the flower beds ready for spring.  I need the garden thread @mattie g!

My tulips just pushed through the mulch yesterday. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic