• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

1” ? 

Yeah maybe a few tenths more if you’re not on a dark surface. It was about an inch on the walk but prob 1.2-1.4 on the deck. Honestly was better than I expected on the thump before it started this morning…once it flipped I was hoping to get past 2” but the heavy stuff didn’t last long enough. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah maybe a few tenths more if you’re not on a dark surface. It was about an inch on the walk but prob 1.2-1.4 on the deck. Honestly was better than I expected on the thump before it started this morning…once it flipped I was hoping to get past 2” but the heavy stuff didn’t last long enough. 

It was snowing pretty hard from Fitchburg to Athol and then tailed off as you got further West. I imagine Dave and Ineedwinter probably have 1”-2”?

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It was snowing pretty hard from Fitchburg to Athol and then tailed off as you got further West. I imagine Dave and Ineedwinter probably have 1”-2”?

Yeah there’s prob some spots above 1000 feet that got close to 2”…esp a little further south near ORH and Paxton…wonder if Pickles ever went to Paxton.

2 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I think there is going to be some epic meltdowns during February and March...

Oh yeah, by Valentine’s Day there will be posters kicking stray dogs and burning orphanages.

I try not to let it get to me. At some point in the next two weeks I’ll probably just throw in the towel and pray for a dry summer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

We melting here. 

It's almost like a coating of sleet here. Flakes have been really rimed. I think its largely meh here until 5-6pm, and then it's make or break if we're gonna grab a few inches. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

WOW . 4” That’s Jack .Looks like at least 1-3” more tonight into tomorrow 

Yep... I would not dismiss the evening and overnight periods' ability to produce some nice additional coverage...  I'm 31/32 with pretty steady freezing rain...

27 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I think there is going to be some epic meltdowns during February and March...

It only takes 1 blockbuster... I laugh with all this talk that it's over. However, I do agree that we are not in a great pattern to sustain a " True Winter ", but it's only takes one. No way I would give up on the next two months at this point. If nothing comes of it, no meltdown here. 

1 minute ago, ma blizzard said:

I think we should watch pike / rt2 region after 0z .. seems like decent consensus for a narrow band that could drop an additional 2"-4, maybe as much as 6" if things break right 

Short term guidance has been looking better for later. Euro was kind of bullish to the pike/495/rt 2 tonight. Had additional advisory snows. 

There’s some midlevel goodies further north too for S NH into dendrite land, but near the ML dryslot, there’s almost come convective bands that we should watch. 

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Short term guidance has been looking better for later. Euro was kind of bullish to the pike/495/rt 2 tonight. Had additional advisory snows. 

There’s some midlevel goodies further north too for S NH into dendrite land, but near the ML dryslot, there’s almost come convective bands that we should watch. 

How about south? 

just took a trip to west Springfield and Enfield, nearly nada, but the hill on 219 going was sketchy, just pingers and drizzle now with occasional burst of flakes...2.2" before we slotted not sure if what's out west will do anything here unless it goes to town, because them lighter echoes are drizzle and IP

5 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

just took a trip to west Springfield and Enfield, nearly nada, but the hill on 219 going was sketchy, just pingers and drizzle now with occasional burst of flakes...2.2" before we slotted not sure if what's out west will do anything here unless it goes to town, because them lighter echoes are drizzle and IP

The whole commahead will fill and rotate thru even down to S CT after 6:00 or so . Easily another 1-3”

• Haha 1