• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

This is like the supreme nape day.  Any milder and the 'nape affect' is gone - it's just straight up warm feeling.  

Nape affect requires i kind of fragile still air cocoon of warmth being juxtaposed close by relatively cool air. Sun being instrumental...

This is a chart topper day, either way.  Temped to call it a top 10er but ... too many chances for 74 F blue bird beauties in the months ahead

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This is like the supreme nape day.  Any milder and the 'nape affect' is gone - it's just straight up warm feeling.  

Nape affect requires i kind of fragile still air cocoon of warmth being juxtaposed close by relatively cool air. Sun being instrumental...

This is a chart topper day, either way.  Temped to call it a top 10er but ... too many chances for 74 F blue bird beauties in the months ahead

My truck was hot in the sun.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

immediate south shore getting boned. gonna have to get used to that over the next 2 months

Screenshot_20240227-144918.thumb.png.a1a844484d79319b4fb03059742604b8.png

It's 63 a mile to my south. not even. Was 57 earlier here. Not 50 after being in 40s. It's moving north though. Naked and free any minute.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Patrick-02540 said:

Looking through old photos.  I don't know if the date is correct on this.  February 9, 2008.  4 feet of snow on my mom's back porch.  

snow.png

That would be about right as the 07-08 season was one of my top 5 all time up here.

• Like 1

Just now, NW_of_GYX said:

52 but feels much warmer in the sun. Killer afternoon at the hill. Love days like this

It's so nice.  So many people seem upset about it but if it's going to happen, might as well enjoy it and make the most of it.  Today was a blast.  Tailgating parties going on, not a single trail closed on Mount Mansfield up here.  Skiing around in a hoodie on soft snow.  Feels like late-March but can't control the weather so might as well enjoy the snow beach.

• Like 2

BTV popped a 65F…. lol just destroyed the old daily record of 57F (records back to 1882).  +30 over the normal high of 35F.

Today’s 65F is the third hottest temperature ever recorded at BTV in February in 140+ years.

1) 72F 2/25/2017

2) 69F 2/21/2018

3) 65F 2/27/2024

@Typhoon Tip has been mentioning these early heat bursts a lot and up here has got that mold with exotic warmth at times Feb-May.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I mean ok.  I guess there’s more snow cover in the valley there by IJD than the shaded N TOL hills at 1k

WSte4r9.jpeg

You have to wonder if that big triple oak will ever come down violently on trucks or homes at some point. I’m actually surprised it hasn’t happened yet with all the damage you’ve experienced over the years.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You have to wonder if that big triple oak will ever come down violently on trucks or homes at some point. I’m actually surprised it hasn’t happened yet with all the damage you’ve experienced over the years.

Triple? It’s a 5 prong .. cabled up near the tops. We good . I do hope it or some of the others you see down the street there topple onto the power lines at some point though. 

LqGTL8C.jpeg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yeah they're not strong. Took down this double ash tree today. Let go a little quicker than anticipated.

20240227_132832.jpg