• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

10 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

What I do love in the winter, especially now is my office room at home has east facing windows, and with the neighbor cutting down the two pine trees last year I get ample sunshine blasting in the room so it can be like 20 out and as long as it is sunny I get toasty. 

Yes that’s another good point. By this time of the year, for buildings/homes that get good sun, you’re def using less heat at 35 and full sun than 45 and clouds. And yea does a lot to improve your day to day sentiment in the heart of winter.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Because you had a 18" snowstorm and aren't that far BN for snow. 

below normal snowfall and above normal temps doesn't deserve anything more than an F grade....it has felt like winter on about 7 days...and the departure from normal snowfall is going to increase over the next 7-10 days...

Low temp for the winter so far has been 11 degrees. On pace to not have a single morning temp below 10 degrees.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

below normal snowfall and above normal temps doesn't deserve anything more than an F grade....it has felt like winter on about 7 days...and the departure from normal snowfall is going to increase over the next 7-10 days...

Low temp for the winter so far has been 11 degrees. On pace to not have a single morning temp below 10 degrees.

Well it's all relative. Winter will be more AN in temps going forward so deal with it. In your metrics every winter will be a F-. You had a hell of a snow event a month ago. Your snowfall is not that far BN as it stands now. 

Just now, Great Snow 1717 said:

Agree, you can still get a somewhat respectable winter with slightly above normal temps in the means, but it’s been what +4 AN? That’s just too warm. Meanwhile Alaska has been getting hammered. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Well it's all relative. Winter will be more AN in temps going forward so deal with it. In your metrics every winter will be a F-. You had a hell of a snow event a month ago. Your snowfall is not that far BN as it stands now. 

..but the departure is increasing by the day... and I have long ago accepted the role the climate change has had on winter. I'm not one of the hype masters of the forum...

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro goes from extremely suppressed to cutter in 12 hrs for early next week. Back to the glue factory.

Like I said acouple hrs ago…just throw a dart blindfolded at this point. But I mean at 8 days out, that’s kind of what happens. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro goes from extremely suppressed to cutter in 12 hrs for early next week. Back to the glue factory.

Hard to say what's going on in any/all guidance actually...

There are arguments for and against any given solution, just about split evenly - making it difficult to associate a "correction vector" 

The problem with a strong change in the PNA mode is that a +PNA can support both a Lakes cut and a coastal proper scenario(s).   It comes down to particulars with the whether the PNA is west or easterly biased... We've seen +PNAs with storms too far S-E too. 

• Like 5

In an attempt to distract you all from crackhead operational models, here's a couple of photos I took from the hill today. This time I took a real camera. Unfortunately Stowe doesn't seem like it's going to be possible - topography in the way that I just can't clear from my location at only 2000 ft. Okemo and Killington, however, were baring all. 

Killington close_compressed.jpg

Okemo and Killington_compressed.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Hard to say what's going on in any/all guidance actually...

There are arguments for and against any given solution, just about split evenly - making it difficult to associate a "correction vector" 

The problem with a strong change in the PNA mode is that a +PNA can support both a Lakes cut and a coastal proper scenario(s).   It comes down to particulars with the whether the PNA is west or easterly biased... We've seen +PNAs with storms too far S-E too. 

One thing on my list to do this spring/summer is a more extensive study into the PNA and the entire domain. But I also want to go back and look at some of the other teleconnection/oscillation patterns which are measured out that way and out over Europe/Asia. I used to have a massive list but can't find it. 

48 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Gorgeous day with that hammering sun angle, poundtown!!

Yep. Great day for those with solar to tell Eversource and National Grid to fuck off with their outrageous rates. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

GEFS looking worse and worse in the pacific as we go run to run.  For now a model war.  FWIW GEPS more euro like bs gefs.

Exactly what we don’t want to see, the great look eroding as we approach. I wouldn’t be surprised however. This is a persistence stance, but that’s the vibe of the season and it hasn’t been disproven yet