• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

2 hours ago, jbenedet said:

The outcomes to date have been pretty damn textbook significant El Niño. 

Just following that seasonal forecast would have yield great accuracy results to date

Yeah most of the professional outlooks I've read are pretty close. Although no one mentioned the magnitude of the rain. Hobbyists shooting for the fences not so much...

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

29 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yes, I was thinking the same thing, but I am afraid to say it at this point. I don't blame people for rolling eyes.....I could see something happening like last March, where I pretty much got it right, but we were bent over, anyway.

the upcoming pattern would provide the chance for a torrid comeback from Feb 15 through early March... about as good of a chance as any. but I get that people are jaded. it's been tremendously frustrating

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

the upcoming pattern would provide the chance for a torrid comeback from Feb 15 through early March... about as good of a chance as any. but I get that people are jaded. it's been tremendously frustrating

Yea, I am going to issue a blog update today or tomorrow, and then just keep my mouth shut. I'm sick of writing checks that the amtosphere doesn't cash lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I am going to issue a blog update today or tomorrow, and then just keep my mouth shut. I'm sick of writing checks that the amtosphere doesn't cash lol

it really is annoying, because the mid-Jan period was ripe with potential and just didn't deliver. had it done so, it completely would have changed the tenor of the winter and many would have been sitting with a significant event under their belts. but of course not

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

it really is annoying, because the mid-Jan period was ripe with potential and just didn't deliver. had it done so, it completely would have changed the tenor of the winter and many would have been sitting with a significant event under their belts. but of course not

Same shit last season in December and March....

20 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its been going on for a lot of years now.......I always say it - to me it matters how you get to your total at the end......i love the huge storms but i don't want my annual average to all fall in two weeks at the end of February - thats not a winter - we have consistently lost december for years now.....and now we have lost january......this season can GFI

Is it Sping yet?

• Thanks 2
  • Weenie 2

7 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

When Scooter starts referring to himself in the 3rd person and starts talking like Jack from the Shining, you know we're in big trouble

I'm basically at the bar like Jack was in that movie. "your money is no good here..."

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, brooklynwx99 said:

Yet...some of us are, anyway.   14" in a single dose is a text book major snow - even if people's dystopian expectation/lust has them thinking that's somehow pedestrian ...

• Like 6