• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

37 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Just posting so others can follow along with the friendly wager. 

IMG_2831.jpeg

Love it! You should probably set some parameters. Maybe use cocorahs so you don't run into stick slanting. I don't trust that guy from hubbardston he's always looking for another day off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s interesting… the ICON and GFS tonight are trying to perform exactly what we were talking about earlier with the hook and latter scenario

They’re focused on two different time frames, but it definitely shows that there’s something in the background physics suggesting that period should be watched roughly day 6 through 10 along the northeast coast, the continental latitudes

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Can pretty much lock in a rat. Hopefully we can torch and end this sooner rather than later.

Horrible runs overnight 

That's why no one should get excited about any model run past 7 days .

• Thanks 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Can pretty much lock in a rat. Hopefully we can torch and end this sooner rather than later.

Another historic rat from Dec 1 to Feb 10th no doubt (last year was worse still here with 4.5" through Feb 27).. Question is will we get a MAJOR to take us out of the rat territory for the record books in the tail end of winter? 

15 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

You are preaching to the choir man.. I'm at 6" which is about 44" shy of my seasonal 30 year average going into February yet again..  It's peak climo something will pop, maybe not for NYC but something will pop.  

A balloon?

actually, just like last winter we’re doing OK up here. I’m now at 33 inches with an average of 70 and we tend to get a lot of snow in February and the first half of March. Last year it was above normal up here but not so about 30 miles to the south.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Ha probably not. 

I’m at a loss for words about how bad it’s been. 

Me too. At the very least you guys have had a plethora of 18+ memorable events, which I guess you’re paying the price for,  in somewhat recent years. We haven’t had one since 2013…so I’m not sure what or who we’re paying. 

14 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s been brutal here to several years but do we really expect an early warm and dry start to spring?

Ya, there will be no big warm up or torch anytime soon, or of any consequence, it’s January 29th lmao. It blows, but there will be no big warm up to take the sting away. It’s gonna make us suffer for another 2 months at the very least.  Gotta just grin and bear it.