• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

7 hours ago, snowman19 said:

I have a feeling if this change is going to be real, the models are rushing it and it probably happens post Valentine’s Day

I have a feeling it will wait until March to happen so we can freeze our asses off while hoping for a miracle bowling ball that won't work out except in high eles.

13 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Around 9" I think. If you use the more long term (not 30 yr) probably more mid 40s avg. The only way I may entertain it is if we get 6+ next week. Otherwise I don't see anything that says "wow" to me for a good Feb at the moment. Sure it could happen..but just what I see. 

I think areas that got hammered in the big interior storm earlier in the month have a shot, but we are screwed. I average around 50-55 I think, it would take a very big second half to get there. 

For BOS maybe around 25 inches is what I’m thinking right now for the season. The upcoming pattern and threat appears to favor the interior again. I don’t think it will be an awful snow season for say Ray Will and others living more inland, but I do think the coast is cooked. I’m thinking there’s a sharp gradient somewhere 20 or so miles NW of me.

8 minutes ago, George001 said:

For BOS maybe around 25 inches is what I’m thinking right now for the season. The upcoming pattern and threat appears to favor the interior again. I don’t think it will be an awful snow season for say Ray Will and others living more inland, but I do think the coast is cooked. I’m thinking there’s a sharp gradient somewhere 20 or so miles NW of me.

Not an unreasonable take.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, George001 said:

What do they have now? 6? They are going to need a bonafide warning event to get there. I’ll take the under on 25

14 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

What do they have now? 6? They are going to need a bonafide warning event to get there. I’ll take the under on 25

I think closer to 8”. They should be able to pull off another 22”+ during the next 60 days, which is the height of snowfall climo, in a backloaded nino. But the way variance is running, betting the under is probably the sharp play. I just wouldn’t do it. 

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I think closer to 8”. They should be able to pull off another 22”+ during the next 60 days, which is the height of snowfall climo, in a backloaded nino. But the way variance is running, betting the under is probably the sharp play.

30 is aggressive, but possible if we don’t waste more than 1 week in Feb. I’m leaning more towards the pattern remains bad until mid Feb based on current long range guidance.

4 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

6z gefs was nice in long weenie range 

image.thumb.png.56a805cd54b0603ad5fb8f06ed79ca9e.png

It is hard to be patient but the same has been showing up and some form or another for several days now I think on all the ensembles and the weeklies? You have to think we get a good stretch of winter with several chances, perhaps after February 5 maybe for a month.  Patience is hard, but it could be rewarded with a nice stretch of winter before a muddy spring.

up here  it hasn’t been too bad this eeinter.  as we’ve had lots of stretches with at least a few inches of snow on the ground that has stuck around and made for great walks in the woods.  I know it’s been a lot tougher in southern New England.

6 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

It is hard to be patient but the same has been showing up and some form or another for several days now I think on all the ensembles and the weeklies? You have to think we get a good stretch of winter with several chances, perhaps after February 5 maybe for a month.  Patience is hard, but it could be rewarded with a nice stretch of winter before a muddy spring.

up here  it hasn’t been too bad this eeinter.  as we’ve had lots of stretches with at least a few inches of snow on the ground that has stuck around and made for great walks in the woods.  I know it’s been a lot tougher in southern New England.

I would also say we have been wet for so many months we are due for a prolonged stretch of dry weather. Now does that come in February or is it this spring or summer?? 

10 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

That guys loves posting those stats, it's been old for a while, I think we all understand that we've been warming for a while.. Let's talk about something interesting for a change .. 

Tropical? :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Now this is a wave determined to die, lol

mjo.png

Previous runs of EPS and GEFS had the wave dying in phase 6, now they both bring it into phase 8....been a theme all winter in the models trying to push it into the COD.

• Like 2