• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 19, 2024 Powder Snow Event

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

As of 12:30 pm we hit the 2.0" mark!  Woohoo!  That was 0.4"/hr the last 30 minutes.  Coming down moderately, still with beautiful dendrites.  I've never tried to measure snow ratios before, but I might give it a try, as I think we're probably in the 15:1 or more neighborhood.  Gorgeous.  And the radar still looks pretty good for the next 30 min.  Still 29F.  

As of 1:30 pm, we're up to 2.3", so only 0.3" the last hour, but we're now within 1" of my early prediction, which I wouldn't have thought would happen just 4 hours ago.  Snowing more lightly now and the radar isn't as impressive, so we might only get another 1/2" or so if these bands don't start building back in.  Still 29F. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:
Bunch of spotters w/3" circle me w/a random 4"er so I'll go with around that.

Probably go out shovel late this afternoon...stuff will get crunchy overnight and don't want to deal w/it tomorrow...

27F/snow

spotters.jpg

I can confirm pockets of 4"+ around  that general area.

4 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I can confirm pockets of 4"+ around  that general area.

Dittio that in Media and this is a legit measurement 4.3" light to moderate snow 29.1f humidity 89% dewpoint 27 wind NNE 9 mph. 

Ditto GMorse and Mount Holly Spot on for Delaware County and also spot on for max snow amounts on this side of the Delaware Rive at 5" forecast for 5-6" was perfect timing too!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 1:30 pm, we're up to 2.3", so only 0.3" the last hour, but we're now within 1" of my early prediction, which I wouldn't have thought would happen just 4 hours ago.  Snowing more lightly now and the radar isn't as impressive, so we might only get another 1/2" or so if these bands don't start building back in.  Still 29F. 

As of 2:00 pm, we're up to 2.5", so 0.4"/hr rate the last 30 min. Snowing moderately, but it looks like this might be our last decent band over the next 30-45 minutes. 3" is possible, but unlikely. Still 29F - temp has barely budged.

With the lighter intensity the last hour or so, the busy county road in front of our house which was treated yesterday has lost most of its snow cover, but the untreated side streets are still all snow covered.

12 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Just snowblowed....4.25" in Ivyland. 27F. Looks and feels like winter. Exceeded expectations. Kudos to @MGorse and team at Mt Holly. Pretty much spot on!

3-5" there it is

The folks who made out last time came up short The Lehigh Valley

3 hours ago, jimmosk said:

Brushed off my car for the first time this storm. 2" so far, maybe a smidge more.

Just went back out and did a second brushing, three and a half hours after the first. About 2.5" of fluffiness. Swarthmore's likely going to cross the 5" mark before this is done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmosk said:

Just went back out and did a second brushing, three and a half hours after the first. About 2.5" of fluffiness. Swarthmore's likely going to cross the 5" mark before this is done.

My buddy in Wallingford says 4.75" there so yeah, seems legit.

19 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Dittio that in Media and this is a legit measurement 4.3" light to moderate snow 29.1f humidity 89% dewpoint 27 wind NNE 9 mph. 

Ditto GMorse and Mount Holly Spot on for Delaware County and also spot on for max snow amounts on this side of the Delaware Rive at 5" forecast for 5-6" was perfect timing too!

Co-signing for my area of Glen Mills. 4.25".

• Like 1