• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 19, 2024 Powder Snow Event

2 minutes ago, Beagles20 said:

Oh ok.  I remember watching the game kinda ticked off because philly was getting all that snow and we got like 2" or something like that.

Believe me....it was quite a surprise for everyone in and around Philly. I think I received 6-7".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beagles20 said:

Oh ok.  I remember watching the game kinda ticked off because philly was getting all that snow and we got like 2" or something like that.

My cousin was having a baby shower in Shillington that day, which I was planning to attend. Shillington only saw around 2 inches but down my way in Chadds Ford, we saw 7 inches.  Roads were all shutdown from accidents and I couldn't go up  there because there were near whiteout conditions .

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JSharp said:

I remember a Norlun trough in February of 2009 which setup over Philadelphia and Gloucester/Camden Counties. This sucker dropped up to 10 inches in the City of Philadelphia and up to a foot in Gloucester county. South of West Chester, where I live, only saw 4 inches. I think parts of Lancaster County (Manheim Twp.) got 12 inches in another very narrow band (10 miles  wide).

I remember this. I lived in Delco at the time as was in the line and had 9" total snow. Amazing luck that night!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

6a65c880a256e432bec451bbd14ca96e.jpg

Mt holly yet again increased the Lehigh valley.

I don’t get it lol

Agreed!  Most of the guidance today/tonight has been 1-2" less than the amounts we are showing.  Hopefully they see something that models aren't picking up on.  I doubt it, but we can hope anyway.

However, I just went into Mt. Holly's forecast for my area and they reduced amounts from 3-5 inches to 2-4 now.

Tonight
Snow likely, mainly after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 23. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Friday
Snow. High near 28. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Friday Night
A chance of snow, mainly before 7pm. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 13. Wind chill values as low as zero. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

1 minute ago, Beagles20 said:

However, I just went into Mt. Holly's forecast for my area and they reduced amounts from 3-5 inches to 2-4 now.

Tonight
Snow likely, mainly after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 23. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Friday
Snow. High near 28. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Friday Night
A chance of snow, mainly before 7pm. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 13. Wind chill values as low as zero. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

I think less than 1" and less than .5" adds up to another inch so still 3-5" lol

• Like 1

Snow, 25F/DP 22F

Everything snow covered. (Well, 90% of junk n' stuff was already covered but now with the new snow falling 100% of junk n' stuff is covered.)

So nice to be snowing in the mid 20's and not seeing the changeover line racing NW.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Snow, 25F/DP 22F

Everything snow covered. (Well, 90% of junk n' stuff was already covered but now with the new snow falling 100% of junk n' stuff is covered.)

So nice to be snowing in the mid 20's and not seeing the changeover line racing NW.

Amen! Snowing borderline moderately here, have about an inch already. Currently 28F dp 20.

• Like 1