Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live about 20 miles south of PHL in DE and that is about what we're seeing now. Been snowing for like 4+ hours and only maybe 2" to show for it.

I bet Philly sees less than 10"...this weird ass storm is really tight on the Western flank....light snow with miserable accumulation rates is what I call for the rest of the night for them.

boy, the guy in Chesapeake, VA has 14"

incredible how NVA and Central MD were skipped over

I can't recall one like this before

bad omen for the pattern this year, of course I hope I'm wrong, but a mod NINA odds support my concern

Stop with the moronic la Nina talk. This was luck that we missed out..not la Nina. This could happen any year. Everyone to the south and NE of us will be way above normal snow when this storm is over.

Stop with the moronic la Nina talk. This was luck that we missed out..not la Nina. This could happen any year. Everyone to the south and NE of us will be way above normal snow when this storm is over.

I'd like to see a snowfall accumulation map from GA to ME after this is over -- would be interesting to see,

I just saw this on the Philly board that someone just measured 2.8 inches of snow in center city Philly.

This seems surprisingly low, but jives with what I heard from someone I know they live in New York. Despite the radar and what they describe as very low visibility at times, they swear there is only a couple inches so far on the ground in Manhattan.

And looking around the boards, you see 6,7,8 inch amounts from central New Jersey and parts of Long Island, but it seems like accumulations are not as much as I would have thought so far. Certainly not like it was here on Feb. 6 when the inches were adding up real quick overnight. Maybe its blowing so much it's hard to measure, and maybe things will change over night, but I am starting to doubt 2 feet totals out of this for our friends to the north.

nyc should do better than bos.. look at radar. nyc is us on feb 6

I think it's going to be a close call between the two cities, NY or it's immediate NW suburbs look absolutely awesome right now. It's crazy - I live in boston and my buddy just told me he got a little thundersnow action - was in ridgewood, nj this morning where it looks like one of the heavy bands with 40 dbz is setting up shop. But instead of those 2 possible jackpot areas, I'm enjoying the 20 dbz goodness rolling through bethesda lmaosmiley.gif.

All good, I really hope we can get enough snow up in bmore suburbs to cover the grass so i can take the nieces and nephews sledding.

I just saw this on the Philly board that someone just measured 2.8 inches of snow in center city Philly.

This seems surprisingly low, but jives with what I heard from someone I know they live in New York. Despite the radar and what they describe as very low visibility at times, they swear there is only a couple inches so far on the ground in Manhattan.

And looking around the boards, you see 6,7,8 inch amounts from central New Jersey and parts of Long Island, but it seems like accumulations are not as much as I would have thought so far. Certainly not like it was here on Feb. 6 when the inches were adding up real quick overnight. Maybe its blowing so much it's hard to measure, and maybe things will change over night, but I am starting to doubt 2 feet totals out of this for our friends to the north.

Just got a report from central Camden County of 3-4".

Just went for a 30 minute jebwalk.... Its not a 2 foot snowpack but hey, it was still awesome and the snowfall was coming down pretty hard.

You just cant beat wind whipped moderate snow, no matter what the predicted forecast. And TBH Im thinking the reloaded pattern after the warmup is giving me hope so I can do with T-2''.

what's happening now continues the multi-year pattern (since about 2004, as graphically-documented via a post on Eastern) of the CONUS's favored storm track advancing east of the prior year's track

forget who had made that post, and I'd been wondering if it would continue this winter

Archived