12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The S/C NJ OBS are killing me inside. :( At least I don't have to go to the NYC OBS thread...

I do feel for you.

Many members of my immediate and extended family are getting clobbered. Places in the middle of Jersey are going to have 30"+ - I can't imagine otherwise. They must have at least 3"/hour rates, and it's been like that for a few hours.

Things I've learned from this storm:

When Leesburg start whining about the NAM, LISTEN!

You generally want IAN home when a storm hits, otherwise he's pretty miserable and negative about MA chances

During a storm, JI has ADHD and the mentality of a 4 year old girl

SREFS:

EURO QPF inside 48 hours - DO NOT IGNORE

RUC - GO RUC yourself

Certain mets seem to almost gleefully report things that appear wrong for the MA

We have started to pay back some of the karma from last winter. We shafted a lot of folks last year. I am sure it was painful to watch.

We got screwed on this one, so I consider everything even. No need to keep twisting the knife. Give us a storm when the pattern reloads and it'll be all good.

We have started to pay back some of the karma from last winter. We shafted a lot of folks last year. I am sure it was painful to watch.

Yup. I kinda get a bad feeling that this won't be the last storm we get screwed on. Systems seem to either weaken to nothing or miss us altogether. At least next time it can be farther away so I don't even bother paying attention. Last night's radar returns were painful to watch. The snow to my south died at the beltway, and for the most part today, the east/west axis of snow simply pivoted to north/south, with DC as the apex. I'm pretty sure I can't follow a storm this closely again this year. Such a letdown. From now on I think I will just be oblivious to the weather... let it surprise me. That sounds good, but I know I can't do it if i tried.

Archived