• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

we were too far west for banding really.. that thing did look deformish for like 30 min and maybe it was kind of but not really.

I only made the "wishcast" for a band west of DC when it looked like I'd get .75 and DC would get .50.

This is that same bozo capes from the Eastern Shore who always drops little rabbit turds in our threads. Shame he found us here.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only made the "wishcast" for a band west of DC when it looked like I'd get .75 and DC would get .50.

This is that same bozo capes from the Eastern Shore who always drops little rabbit turds in our threads. Shame he found us here.

true if those runs were right we would have seen some banding across the area most likely.

It's windy, cold, and dry. Sound familiar?

Hate this type of weather - having a few inches on the ground would at least make it bearable. I have no use for this type of weather. Milder weather, with temps in the 40s and 50s the next few weeks will be just fine with me. If it can't snow, it may as well be mild enough that I can do things outside. Adding a couple of minutes of daylight to each day will also help.

I'm riding the January 9th-10th storm on the 12z GFS....let's start tracking tonight and stay up till 2am then get up at 5am everyday until the storm happens....ok guys!!! who's with me?

Lets hope the threat in that time frame is legit. I felt weird last night -- it was the first night in like 10 days where I wasn't staying up until 2 waiting for Tombo/Earthlight/Matt/Ian to give us a run down of the Euro from the SV maps. :(

lol you are so ill. get another hobby. you are cracking up my friend.

I'm just rooting for the total lack of DC/Baltimore impact to keep this from getting a NESIS 4 rating. Pathetic, I know ....

That's a hopeless cause, actually ... the late February storm last year was a high 3, so I can't see this not obtaining a 4. I can't see it being ranked a 5, given that it was a nonevent for about 7 million people or so in the NE corridor. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't get a higher ranking than Feb. 1983 though.

I'm surprised the NESIS rating on the late February storm was higher than Feb 5-6. Just goes to show what the NYC metro's weight on the scale is.

I'm just rooting for the total lack of DC/Baltimore impact to keep this from getting a NESIS 4 rating. Pathetic, I know ....

That's a hopeless cause, actually ... the late February storm last year was a high 3, so I can't see this not obtaining a 4. I can't see it being ranked a 5, given that it was a nonevent for about 7 million people or so in the NE corridor. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't get a higher ranking than Feb. 1983 though.

I'm surprised the NESIS rating on the late February storm was higher than Feb 5-6. Just goes to show what the NYC metro's weight on the scale is.

it'll def be a 4.. maybe mid-to-high?

it'll def be a 4.. maybe mid-to-high?

Real, live ob for the obs thread. 29.1°F in Clarksburg with a strong NW wind averaging 20mph. 51mph wind gust from the west within the last 30 minutes. There's gonna be lots of twigs and branches to pick up in my bare, brown yard this weekend after the last of my 16 December snow finally melts this week.

I received 0.2" of snow on 25 December. Prettied up the snow I still had from 16 December. 6+ hours of flurries and light snow yesterday was not enough to even measure so I'll go with a Trace.

Real, live ob for the obs thread. 29.1°F in Clarksburg with a strong NW wind averaging 20mph. 51mph wind gust from the west within the last 30 minutes. There's gonna be lots of twigs and branches to pick up in my bare, brown yard this weekend after the last of my 16 December snow finally melts this week.

I received 0.2" of snow on 25 December. Prettied up the snow I still had from 16 December. 6+ hours of flurries and light snow yesterday was not enough to even measure so I'll go with a Trace.

das

You'll like what you see when you get here in a couple of days. Still snowing at a decent clip. Too bad there will be a warm up later in the week -- but I do need it to help take care of some of my house's icicles that are getting out of control.

das

You'll like what you see when you get here in a couple of days. Still snowing at a decent clip. Too bad there will be a warm up later in the week -- but I do need it to help take care of some of my house's icicles that are getting out of control.

We're looking forward to coming up. The kids will have no problem whatsoever sledding and playing in the piles of snow when it is 38°F and sunny on Thursday...

If you look at the map, it wasn't really the NYC stuff that put that storm so high (the metro region was in the 10-20" contour)--- the NCDC for some reason counted two separate storms together (look at the dates-- from 2/23-2/28!), and those gobs of 30"+ amounts across the interior caused the rating to be so high,

Archived