Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 18-19 Storm Threat: Bob Chill made me do it

stormtracker

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

looks like a 1-3 jobber

Most of the precip is the NS trailer and upper level driven. And it's light event so whether we get 1-3 (likely) or 3-6 (max boom imho) will depend on how juicy the northern stream is. We'll, assuming it doesn't skip north but I doubt that happens lol. Models don't generally don't dial in with qpf until its already forming to our west. Today's runs are boring and the most probable outcome. But things could easily juice back up at short leads. I won't write off a boom until 0z tomorrow runs

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Vort pass looks good where it is. It looks dry maybe because the model has a dry feed from the south. If that moisture feed turns out to be wetter, watch the snow amounts jump up quickly on that same vort pass. 

Look too for the jet to align and give us the good rates/ascent.

For a run that shitty, results weren’t that much worse. vort pass still is strong and not a bad track. 40-50 miles south is money. 

Still doable but 9/10 times, we’d rather need a north nudge than the opposite. Perhaps this time since it’s already quite cold all the way to the gulf coast, models are underestimating how far south this SW tracks / digs, but idk. I’m just an amateur weenie.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic